Chapter 8

It had been a few days since the villain attack on the students yet again, and the press was pretty harsh in their reports about UA not being safe enough for the students, but in the end it died down as no one was hurt or captured. UA implemented a dorm system to reduce the movement of it's students thereby reducing the risk of any more attacks. After a tedious process of convincing parents to let the school take custody of their children the students finally moved in. Students of 1a were led by Aizawa to their assigned building.
"This is where you'll be staying. The bottom floor is the common area, the top floor is for the females and the middle is for the males. Each floor has its own bathroom, so make sure you're not caught where you aren't supposed to be" Aizawa finished glaring at Mineta. With that he left them to settle in muttering something about not getting paid enough.
"You heard Mr. Aizawa, let's be in our best behavior. We are representing our families and we shouldn't tarnish their image" Iida said.
-
The dorm systems were now official and all students had moved onto campus. Izuku and Shoto didn't really want to leave home but it was for their own safety. Now there was something they all had to look forward to - the provisional hero license exam. If they passed they would be given licenses to act as heroes in provided situations, or to back up a pro in the field. Aizawa had already planned out their training routines so they would be ready for anything the Public Safety Commission threw at them. Izuku was currently in a special training facility that would be able to withstand a high level of heat.
"Okay Izuku, today we'll be doing something that may seem strange to you" Nezu began. Izuku raised his eyebrow.
"Back in the sports festival, you evolved your quirk in the middle of a battle, your quirk from what it seems responds to your emotions, your mindset, but that can either be a good thing or a bad thing" he continued.
"So what are we going to do?" Izuku asked curiously.
"Temperature control, at the end of all this I wish to see that you can produce flames that emit no heat at all" Nezu said. Izuku paused in thought. Was that even possible? All he ever thought of was ramping up the heat, why would he want to drop it?
"What's the point in that?" he asked curiously.
"Look at it this way, if your body emits too much heat you'll not only be a danger to the opponent but you allies as well. Basically you'd be a double-edged sword, a sure win but the cost would be too much"
"I think I understand now, though I'm not exactly sure on how to go about that" Izuku replied.
"With due time Izuku, eventually you'll be able to switch from hot to cold in an instant. And that's where Shoto would be coming into play" said Nezu as Shoto entered the room.
"Yeah, I'm your teacher now" Shoto said smirking.
"Don't get a swelled head" Izuku said rolling his eyes.
-
The students were on the bus talking excitedly amongst themselves. They all believed they were mentally prepared for the test ahead of them, and plus they had trained pretty hard so it was all good. It took quite a while to get there and Izuku threw up quite alot of times.
"I hate cars" he said getting off the bus.
"Fly next time" Shoto replied absentmindedly.
"You know I can't do tha-" he was cut off by a very loud voice.
"IT'S A PLEASURE TO MEET YOU ALL. I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST!" a tall boy with short black hair shouted bowing so hard he hit his head on the floor.
"What the hell was that about?" Bakugo asked as the boy walked away.
Another kid came up to them smiling.
"UA students. You guys are pretty famous, it's really nice to meet you all". Most of them greeted back except Bakugo. "You know people like you piss me off the most" he said walking away. They all went in after him to get ready. Inside they saw all the other contestants who glared at them but at this point they were pretty used to it.
"There sure are alot of people here" Kirishima said excitedly.
"Let's just get this over with" Shoto said tiredly.
-
"You don't stand a chance against me heroes!" Gang Orca said deflected an attack from Inasa, the boy who previously greeted class 1a. The exams were almost over but it seemed like a daunting prospect to take on a pro. Izuku suddenly appeared above them launching a beam of flames at the supposed villain. Gang Orca jumped back and winced at the heat.
"Izuku Todoroki. I was told not to hold back against you specifically, I'm starting to see why". Izuku smirked until Inasa cut in.
"Endeavor's son. Get out of here! I don't need any help beating this guy, especially not from the likes of you!"
Izuku couldn't care less what this kid had to say about his dad or family.
"I don't know what your grudge against my family is, but you better scurry off before you get killed!"
His flames exploded out of him throwing Inasa back. Gang Orca sent a massive shockwave at him but Izuku used a flashfire fist to counter it.
As soon as Izuku landed the ground around him began melting, but the horns blared indicating the end of the exam. Gang Orca had a small bead of sweat roll down his cheek. This kid was a monster, and he knew if the fight continued he'd have lost. The students were addressed by the chief organizer of the exams and those who passed were presented with their provisional hero licenses. Class 1a were all excited because they all passed.
"Hey Shoto let's take a picture and send it home" Izuku suggested.
"Yeah good idea" his brother replied taking out his phone.
-
They hype of the provisional hero license exam died down and normal school activities continued. Aizawa entered the class looking even more tired than usual. "Good morning class. Today I'll be talking to you about the work study program, or rather I've brought some people to tell you about it. You can come in now". Three students walked into the class, one with bright blond hair and a big smile on his face, another - a cute girl with light blue hair and a boy with dark blue hair and an intense aura around him.
"Class these are the big 3. UA's top students" Aizawa drawled out before letting them speak. Mirio the blond boy tried to get the class riled up with a terrible joke, but gave up soon enough. "Okay that didn't go as planned. I'm Mirio Togata, this is Nejire Hado and he's Tamaki Amajiki" he said pointing at his companions. Nejire waved but Tamaki glared at the class before cowering and turning to the wall. "I want to go home" he whined.
'Is this guy for real?' the class thought in unison. Mirio then said something that shocked the class.
"I challenge you all to fight me!"
Aizawa groaned but allowed it, after all they needed to be knocked from their self built pedestal.
In the gym area Mirio began stretching in front of a 1a that still didn't believe he stood much of a chance.
"Are you sure about this? It's only one of you, and there's 20 of us" Kirishima asked.
"Oh don't worry. I doubt you'll be beating me anytime soon" Mirio said smirking.
Bakugo grinned and launched at Mirio with a massive explosion, but to his and 1a's shock he went right through Mirio.
"What the hell?!" Bakugo asked redirecting himself at Mirio.
"He can phase through objects?! That's so cool!" Toru exclaimed.
Mirio smirked and disappeared into the ground, then suddenly popping out and in the blink of an eye taking out half of the class. Aizawa was really impressed, and definitely thought that Mirio could be number 1 one day, though he had to beat a certain flame user in his class to do so. Mirio felt a little guilty using One for All against 1st years, but it was necessary. At the current moment he could use about 70%, along with the other quirks One for All offered like blackwhip, danger sense, Fa jin, smokescreen and float. It didn't take him long to plow through the others, the most difficult being Shoto and Bakugo. He had to use about 40% to put them out of commission. Now it was only one person left. Aizawa had a sinister grin. This was probably the most exciting fight he was going to see in his career as a teacher. Unbeknownst to them All Might was also watching with interest. Izuku fascinated him and he wanted to see how well he'd fare against One for All.
Mirio blitzed at Izuku even faster than what he used before and was about to land a gut punch, but danger sense kicked in and he jumped back just in time as a wave of fire erupted from Izuku.
"My turn!" Izuku said blitzing at Mirio who had to move out of the way as he didn't have much time to phase through. He tried to land a punch again seeing that Izuku was open, but again danger sense kicked in making him pull back his arm. He jumped away confused as to what exactly was happening. Everyone was confused as well. Was this a new tactic?
Mirio was in a serious dilemma. Sure he was fast enough to actually land a hit on Izuku, but for some reason his instincts kept screaming at him not to.
"I think that's enough" he said suddenly surprising everyone.
"What?" Aizawa asked.
"I can't beat him, it's no use" Mirio said seriously.
The class gaped in shock. Surely that was a lie.
"Hey Izuku, what would've happened if I actually landed a hit on you" Mirio asked curiously.
"Well you probably would've lost an arm. You're strong enough to punch a hole through me, but as you can see my body isn't like others" he said putting his arm through his stomach and showing the molten lava that coated his arm.
"So that's why I felt that way. My instincts kept screaming at me not to hit you" Mirio said laughing.
"You're an awesome fighter. It's a shame we can't get to actually fight" Izuku said a bit disappointed.
After that Mirio explained the essence of work studies and how they would build their careers from the experience.