Chapter 3

Izuku groaned and closed his book, he was done for the day. He'd soon get to training in a bit so resting up was the best option. He really didn't want to go outside, because at the moment Fuyumi wasn't home, Endeavor was out, so that left his mom and brothers - and he wasn't feeling like talking to them at the moment. Perhaps he'd just go outside. As soon as he did so he began cursing his luck when he bumped into his mom. No one knew he had been home all day.
"Izuku, I didn't know you were home" Rei said with surprise.
"Yeah, I was. I'm going to train now, later". She looked a bit sad and sighed before walking away. Izuku felt a little guilty blowing her off like that, he didn't hate his mom, he couldn't, but he also couldn't help but feel angry at her. Luckily for Izuku Shoto wasn't in the training room, so he had it all to himself, that was until halfway through the door slid open.
"I don't think it's safe to use fire in here" Natsuo said peeping in. The whole section of the house was becoming hot - even with the air conditioning.
"I guess so. Sorry for bothering you" Izuku said absentmindedly turning off his quirk. He switched it up to basic physical workout - ignoring the fact that his older brother stuck around.
"If you don't mind Natsuo I prefer training in private" he said firmly.
"Look Izuku ... I know I haven't been much of a brother bu-" he was cut off by Izuku.
"Yeah, you haven't". Natsuo looked down as his brother walked past him and out of the room. Shoto had been listening from the other side but said nothing, he wanted to speak with his mother first.
-
The students were on the bus talking excitedly amongst themselves. Today they were having a hero rescue training class at the school's U
USJ facility - of course they got permission from their parents the previous day before doing so. Izuku was mostly quiet, occasionally talking to Bakugo who had become somewhat of a friend. Shoto was alone - like usual but the boy didn't care. Tsuyu suddenly asked a question that intrigued the class.
"Who do you guys think is the strongest in class?".
The others began to debate about it, with some claiming the title. Izuku didn't really pay attention until his name was called. "Did someone say my name?" he asked looking around.
"You weren't listening?" Mina asked.
Izuku shook his head and said he must've spaced out or something.
"We're here, be on your best behavior" Aizawa drawled. The students immediately composed themselves and got off the bus. There the pro hero 13 was there to greet them, and she gave a speech about quirks and their dangers.
It didn't take long in the USJ to realize that something was wrong. A purplish mist spiralled into view, before taking the shape of a man.
"Sorry for barging in, but we're here for All Might". Before anyone could do anything Bakugo and Kirishima rushed at him but were teleported away. Aizawa looked down to see a horde of villains at the bottom of the stairs. Kurogiri took advantage and warped most of the other students away. Izuku was warped to the water area, but used his fire to hover above before he fell in. Tsuyu and Mineta had also been warped there but we're already safely on the boat.
Izuku landed next to them. "You guys okay?" he asked. They both nodded.
He looked down to see that there were alot villains in the water.
"I could take them out no problem, but you guys would be in the line if fire - literally" he began.
"I can jump to shore with Mineta, it won't be a problem. Though I'll need a little boost but we can make it" Tsuyu said. Izuku nodded and looked around. He found a piece of metal that looked strong enough to withstand high heat. "Okay, you two get on this". They both did and Izuku used a condensed blast of heat to launch them upwards, then Tsuyu jumped off that and towards the shore. "I'll be right behind you!" he called after them.
"Pretty bad move kid! Now you're stuck with us!" one of the villains yelled. Izuku smirked making them to get anxious.
"You really don't see the situation you're in? Well I hope you have life assurance" he said as a massive ball of white flames spun violently in his hand.
"Jetburn!" he yelled unleashing the attack on the villains below. The flames were so hot the water boiled in a matter of seconds, with the villains who tried to escape getting burnt badly. Izuku dove into the water and one by one dragged them out so they wouldn't die. He turned around hearing a shout of pain. Aizawa was being crushed by the Nomu and watched helplessly as Shigaraki, the leader walked towards a terrified Tsuyu and Mineta. He was about to touch Tsuyu when a beam of fire completely evicerated his arm. Shigaraki drew back and screamed in agony. "Nomu! Kill him!" he managed to grit out. The mindless beast shrieked in acknowledgement of it's masters orders and rushed at Izuku, who quickly moved away from his classmates so they wouldn't get hurt. The Nomu tried to hit him but Izuku had the advantage of flight - otherwise he'd probably be dead by now. Everytime he burned the Nomu it seemed to regenerate, Shigaraki laughed maniacally despite the pain he was in. "Nomu has regeneration and shock absorption. It was made to kill All Might. You stand no chance!".
Izuku then noticed that the brain was exposed, and that the creature didn't seem to have a will of it's own - meaning it had no sentience. It was already dead or was never alive. Then he didn't need to hold back. Much like his father did with his signature move he blasted at the Nomu at high speeds as his fist was surrounded with flames once again. "Flashfire fist! Jet Cannon!". The Nomu screamed in agony as it's head was erased completely and the body fell limp to the ground. Izuku sighed in relief, but his instincts kicked in as his body magmafied completely just as Shigaraki was touching his shoulder. Shigaraki screamed again as his now remaining arm was burnt badly.
"Kurogiri! Get me out of here!" he yelled. The purple mist enveloped him as he glared at Izuku. "I'll get you for this one day brat!".
All Might burst through the doors and with the other teachers they wrapped up the situation and captured the remaining villains. All in all no one except for Aizawa was hurt badly - though some students got some minor scratches. The students were dismissed for the day with the information of the upcoming sports festival in about three weeks.
-
Izuku and Shoto arrived home and were surprised to see their father.
"What are you doing here?" Izuku asked surprised.
"Day off, even I need rest sometimes" he said absentmindedly.
"Hey guys, go get freshened up and come down for dinner" Fuyumi said walking out of the kitchen.
Both boys nodded and silently trudged to their rooms. A while later they came back, Izuku took his plate from Fuyumi and began to leave.
"Where are you going?" Endeavor asked with a raised eyebrow.
"I don't normally eat with the others" Izuku replied. Endeavor was confused.  "And how long has this been going on?". The others winced at the tone in his voice. He didn't sound too pleased.
"A while. I can't say why though". Endeavor looked at him before letting him go.
"Shoto, if you don't mind" he spoke up. The boy complied and left the room. The atmosphere was tense around the table.
"So what exactly has been going on in this house?" he asked in a calm voice.
"Well dad i-" Fuyumi began but Rei cut her off.
"Let me do the talking Fuyumi ... Enji, the truth is we haven't really been much of a family to him. We ... well I at least always thought he was your favorite, and that affected Shoto. He never stopped crying to me about how you'd always train Izuku and not him, and how you gave Izuku more of your time. Eventually it made me want to compensate for it, I didn't know when but I began to distance myself from him. I mostly have Shoto attention, soon Natsuo must've been influenced by it and it all lead down to this. I know it is all my fault that my sons hate each other, and I've been trying to mend things back together but to no avail. Izuku doesn't have a place in his heart for us anymore, and rightfully so. I just want to apologize to you ... to all of you for how I've acted over the years, but it's too late ... now my own son hates me" she finished as tears threatened to fall.
Endeavor listened and was stunned. All this happened and he never knew. He was out there solving problems but was blind to one under his very nose. He sighed and spoke.
"I too have to apologize, for not being here ... as a hero, and as a father. I never explained why I did what I did which lead to all this. I'm partly to blame. You see Izuku reminds me so much of Touya, that I thought if I didn't guide him ... he'd end up the same way. I should've explained it to you all, to Shoto, and I'm sorry that it's come to this" he finished.
Fuyumi spoke up. "Mom ... Izuku doesn't hate you ... I should know. He's just angry and doesn't know how to let it out, and Dad, I'm sorry for keeping silent all this time".
"I should be sorry too ... all this time I haven't been a good brother, or a brother at all. If this all works out, even if it doesn't, I will be better from now on ... as Dad said he reminds me of Touya, and I was afraid that I'd lose him too ... I'm sorry". After that the family had a bit of closure ... but the situation hadn't been settled then.
"I will speak with Izuku, at least to see where he stands in all this" Endeavor said getting up.