Chapter 7

Later

After Mike got his ass whooped by dad, they made him go to bed like he was 6 instead of 17. I personally thought it was hilarious, he cried like the little bitch that he is.

"Mack, come here." My daddy called me. That can only mean so many things. I went in the living room where I assume he was.

"Yes daddy?"

"Your mama told me you met a boy today?" He looked at me with his eyebrow raised.

I kinda got nervous. My daddy is very overprotective and doesn't think anyone is good enough for me I.e. why I've never had a man.

"Yes dad. I talked to a dude briefly."

"Well, I don't want to see that motherfucker in my house while I'm not here, and I want to meet him."

"Dad, I didn't even get his phone number. If I see him again it'll be a miracle."

"God works in miraculous ways baby." He pat me on the back. I'm shocked, he isn't going crazy cause I may get a boyfriend.

"Daddy, you OK?"

"Yea baby girl, just a little tired from work."

"No I mean you OK with me possibly getting a boyfriend?"

"Yea you 17 now, you can date, as long as he's a good boy, who's God fearing and won't hurt you in any way."

"Oh thank you daddy." I give him a big hug.

"Just don't get pregnant. Somebody gone get hurt and I doubt it'll be you or the baby." He looks at me with a stern face.

"Thanks for the advice daddy, but I don't see myself having sex right now."

"Good. Keep it that way. If you do think you want to talk to you mama. She'll get you birth control and stuff." He looks a little sad or hurt.

"Yes sir." I get up from the couch next to him and just stand in front of him looking.

"I'll never stop being you little girl dad. I know that's what you're thinking. 'Oh she's about to get a boyfriend and new friends and forget about her old dad.' Never. You'll always be my first and best friend and the best dad in the world."

"Thanks pumpkin. As long as you know. I'm cool with you growing up. You have a good head on your shoulders."

"Got it from mom." I walk out after that.

"Is that what you think?" He yells after me. I just laugh and go in my room.

My phone vibrates saying I have a notification. I look at it and its from Instagram. @realestn!ggainhere is started following you. They liked all my pictures. I clicked the name. It was Rashad. I got butterflies in my stomach. I quickly followed him back and liked all his pictures, which wasn't many. He must be the type to post then delete it. I do that sometimes. I got another vibration it said @therealestn!ggainhere direct messaged me. Uh-oh I don't know what to say. I read the message it said hey. Oh, well that was the easiest. I replied 'hey' back. He said 'I'm using this to get your number. It took a while cause it's quite the amount of Macks but there was only one Mackala. Beautiful name BTW.' I replied back with a blushed face emoji and thanks. He said 'so... Can I get you number pretty girl.?' I said yes and gave it to him. He quickly stopped DM'ing me and texted me.

(Text Convo)

(205)-471-3840: hey Mack its Rashad.

: hey Rashad.

Rashad: how are you? Did your brother hurt your feelings?

: no actually he did the opposite. He had recently got suspended so he got a much needed ass whooping so I died laughing. Lol

Rashad: lol he did need one for the way he was treating you at the store. Speaking of the store. Can I ask you something?

: truee. Sure

Rashad: I know we just met and don't know anything about each other but I think it would be a good idea to get to know each other if you went on a date with me.

: ...

Rashad: what?

: I've never been on a date before so I don't know how this is supposed to go. It's this right?

Rashad: I'm not a bad guy and I'm really digging you so I think it'd be nice if we got to know each other while going on a date you don't have to answer right now, you can sleep on it. Just let me know.

: nah I don't have to wait if you are really digging me then sure I'll go on a date with you. I like you too... From what you've shown me already lol.

Rashad: your not going to regret this. It'll be the best first date you've ever been on.

: lol. OK. Well I'm about to g2s so gn.

Rashad: good night beautiful queen

: lol

(Convo over)

OMG I'm going on my first date. Wait til mom and Rabecca find out.

**************************
Sorry it took so long to update I just been going through it. My sister just had back surgery, I had writer's block, it was crazy. But thanks to all the people who commented and voted on my story that always makes my day. I'm going to try to update more frequent. I got over a thousand reads that's wonderful. Thanks really. You're the best. Characters in the mm

Kisses,

Nahla Elizabeth