017 | DONT THINK, JUST DO

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

████████████████████

╰┈➤ DON'T THINK, JUST DO

🏴‍☠️

FEAR.

An intangible force that wraps its icy tendrils around the heart, squeezing until every beat is a reminder of vulnerability. It is a relentless companion, lurking in the shadows, ready to pounce at the slightest provocation. In the face of danger, fear becomes a formidable adversary, threatening to consume every ounce of courage and strength.

Maple and Rooster found themselves entangled in a life-threatening mission, their very existence hanging in the balance. But amidst the perils that surrounded them, there was a fear that weighed even heavier on their hearts - the fear of losing each other.

For Maple, the thought of losing Rooster without ever knowing the truth, without ever hearing the words he longed to say, haunted her every waking moment. She could feel the weight of his unspoken love, a presence that lingered in the air between them. The fear of never hearing those three simple words, of never knowing if their connection ran as deep as her own heart desired, threatened to suffocate her.

Rooster, too, carried this burden. He had watched Maple from afar, his heart swelling with emotions he dared not reveal. The fear of losing her without ever having the chance to confess his feelings haunted his soul. He yearned to tell her how her presence brought light to even the darkest of days. But the weight of uncertainty held him back, the fear of hurting her and the unknown consequences of baring his heart.

The fear lingered through every update from
Comanche, every warning from Maverick, every corner of the perilous cavern they navigate. Fear whispered in their ears, reminding them of the fragility of life, of the fleeting nature of their existence. It fueled their determination, urging them to fight against the odds, to defy the darkness that threatened to engulf them. But beneath the surface, their hearts trembled with the paralyzing fear of losing each other, of never having a second chance.

"Tomahawk runway destroyed in three, two, one... impact enemy runway obliterated," the communication agent's voice crackled through the radio.

"Bandits are altering their course to defend the target," Comanche's urgent warning pierced the tense atmosphere.

Maple's mind was consumed by the suspicion that Rooster was falling behind. Her heart pounded relentlessly in her chest, each beat echoing her growing anxiety. Thoughts of the worst-case scenario swirled in her mind, threatening to overwhelm her.

Unable to contain her worry any longer, she blurted out the question that haunted her, "Rooster, where are you?"

"Come on, Rooster! Bandits are closing in. It's time to catch up now. Let's turn and burn!" Payback's voice crackled with urgency, his words laced with a desperate plea.