Part 4

A pet center. That was place where Joyce found herself next morning, Saturday.
"And what about this one?", The woman said, pointing on sickly looking dog.
Joyce sighed and shook her head. Maybe it was stupid idea after all. She walked on the other side of the place, looked at every single animal that was there, but no one trully catched her eye. One worker noticed her, so she tried to help her.
"Well, and what kind of dog do you actually need?"
Joyce thought a bit. She looked around, thinking of what she needed.
"Well, I want a friendly dog who,...would be like- with who I wouldn't feel alone?"
The woman nodded, thinking. Suddenly, a small puppy showed in front of the woman, putting his head on her foot. The woman chuckled and picked the puppy up.
The puppy reminded Joyce of a small white fluffy plush she used to have when she was a kid.
"Woah, who's this little one?", She said with bright smile, walking next to the woman and patting the little puppy. The puppy seemed to like it, his small tail started swinging in the air.
"His name is Chester! Actually we don't have him long there. One man dropped him there when he found him laying on the street, it was really nice of him!", The woman said, smiling at Joyce.
"Do you want to hold him?", She asked, noticing how happy Joyce was.
Joyce nodded with happy smile and took the little puppy in her hands.
"He's so cute!", She giggled when Chester started licking her hands happily.
"Well, I think you found the right one!", The woman said, smiling happily, "he was also trying to find a family for himself"
Joyce hugged the little puppy and decided to take him with her.
She just paid low money for him, signed some papers, took a food for him and she was ready to go home.

When she arrived home, the little puppy jumped from her car.
"N- WAIT!", She shouted, worried that he might run away.
"Chester get back here!", she ordered him, but he was still young to understand what order means.
'I will need to teach him that',she wrote to her mind, chasing him on the street. When she was sure she was too close, she jumped at him, hoping that he won't hurt her.
To her surprise, his barking sounded more like crying for help. She also noticed that his tail was down, same went for his ears.
Her heart melted in idea that he got used on bad threating.
"Hey, hey I won't hurt you", she whispered and put him in a hug.
Joyce releazed that patting Chesters head made him comfortable, so she tried to pat him again. It actually worked, and Chester stopped making the barking sound.
Joyce picked him up and walked slowly to her house, making sure that Chester didn't feel horrible or not comfortable.
When she walked inside her house, she closed doors behind her and put Chester on the floor.
"Well, this is your new home!", She said, smiling happily.
Chester just turned his head, not sure what she was talking about.
They were starring at each other for a while, before Joyce sighed and looked at her living room.
She walked there and sat on her Sofa, pointing on Chester to follow her. He wasn't sure if he should do that or not, but he decided to follow her.
He jumped and fell down, making Joyce laugh in worry.
"Are you ok, bud?", She said and picked him up, putting him gently on her lap. He seemed happy about it, resting in there. Joyce turned on Tv and put on the news. She wasn't even surprised that the first thing that she saw was the incident in the bar. She sighed heavily, resting her hand on her new friends fur. They were relaxing few minutes, Joyce listening to the news and Chester just sleeping. Then Joyce started starving. She groaned and picked up Chester, gently putting him on her sofa. She walked to the kitchen and made herself something small for the lunch, because she didn't had time to make a big lunch. When she walked back to the living room, she found Chester standing next to a table, a yellow puddle next to him.
''Oh my-'', Joyce covered her mouth with her hand, sighing.
''Oh Chester'', she said, walking to the puppy and picking him up.
She went and cleaned the mess. Chester was looking at her, and when she finished, he jumped down.
''Oh no, no no no, we are going out bud.'', Joyce sighed and picked him up again. She releazed that she hadn't bought lead, so she hopped that Chester wouldn't decide to running away.