S2: Episode 12: [ Trip Down Infinity ]

Highschool DxD The Serpent King: [Season: 2 ]

Episode 12: [ Trip Down Infinity. ]

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

_______________

_______________

_______________

_______________

Just as we know the sun rises, we also know that the moon sets. And just as we know that with a clear blue sky we still stand in the day, we also know that with a black sea over our heads that we have sunken into the night. May it be proof before our eyes that these events are true and connected, we can also determine their arrival by the simple passage of time. And in our daily lives, we have grown accustomed to this privilege of knowing what will come and when it shall, and we have advanced ourselves so greatly that we can claim when the day shall come and the night shall fall.

But as the world's future is as clear as day to us, our own is often a mystery we have yet to foresee. We possess the power to proclaim the world's direction yet are lost to our own, as within the controlled chaos of our lives, just when we find ourselves before the straight and clear path, there arise sudden turns in our road that change the course of our believed lives, making even the future an ever-changing headache.

And today, on this Friday where nothing seems amiss or out of place, as students leave school early and intend to arrive home late, assured of their plans and intentions as summer break is never believed to arrive late, they themselves only need to wait a couple more days. And yet, as the lives of mankind remain mundane and ever in place, those who are aware of what is beyond this simple world are in ever wonder of what is to occur, as within two days from now the great leaders of the biblical factions intend to meet, each with their own agendas and reasons, but all for a common matter. As not even recently, this town, this country, and this month nearly became the outbreak of war. And with such forces gathering in one place, their world, the supernatural wonders if such a level of violence may once again break out. The once-lasting cold war of believed non-aggression was now once again up in the air.

But just as the fate of many hangs in the air, entire groups, and factions, two boys' futures hang in the air as well. Because as a slick black car came down an urban neighborhood street, the vintage vehicle that was missing a roof slowed down before a house the driver was familiar with. Normal and standard as a house could be, the front door was painted blue, and by the windows and bushes was a small garden of plants. In the car sat a blond-haired man with brown skin and calm purple eyes in the driver's seat looking ahead at the home before him, while a young long blonde haired girl with green eyes sat in the passenger seat, both dressed in their school uniforms. Today he was supposed to come here to see a friend and have fun, but of course, be it by life and his own actions, those plans had become a mess he needed to clean up today.

Taking the keys out of the car and pocketing them, the male looked over at the girl sitting beside him, giving her a subtle but hesitant look in his eyes as he motioned to the house, and yet the girl only nodded her head, her lips curving up before she reached over and patted him on the shoulder.

"It'll be alright, dummy," Asia told him with an encouraging tone. "I said I would come to support you so you wouldn't mess up, but it's your job to do the talking, just be honest with her, and be patient too!" His older sister continued, making sure to emphasize the last part as she pointed her index finger up and gave the blond boy some serious eyes. "I'm not happy with what you did, but you were big enough to admit your mistakes, so I'm still going to support you no matter what," She finished with a tough girl look that wasn't appearing as well as she hoped as the younger brother laughed a little at her expression, taking the words to heart, his eyes drifting back to the house ahead of him as he unlocked his door.