S1: Episode 2 [ Mr. Blue Sky ]

Highschool DxD The Serpent King: [ Season One ]

Episode 2: [ Mr. Blue Sky ]

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

_______________

_______________

_______________

_______________

The sun was shining up in the great big blue sky, without a cloud in sight, the day was ready to begin as the rain had long since ended. With everybody ready to start their day, in a small neighborhood, husbands left their homes as young kids of varying ages ran from their homes, on their way to school.

"Sun is shinin' in the sky."

"There ain't a cloud in sight."

"It stopped rainin' everybody's in the play."

"And don't you know?"

"It's a beautiful new day, hey, hey."

Since his arrival, a couple of days had gone by, allowing him to get familiar with his new area of living. Knowing the names of his neighbors, the Hyoudous, along with becoming quickly situated at school, Y/n was unsurprisingly quite popular among his peers, despite being a recent arrival. Speaking their language, and knowing their slang, while being sociable and confident paved the way for his warm welcome. Though the day had only just started, inside a standard Japanese home, there was a small portable CD player, atop the kitchen counter, playing a nice song.

From the living room and even upstairs, there were both small and large boxes needing to be unpacked, but right they were the least of his concerns. With his back to the white kitchen counters, and a newspaper in his right hand, while in his left he could be seen writing on a small brown piece of paper with demonic symbols, Y/n's focus seemed to be on the paper he was reading, his glasses behind him on the counter, right next to a still hot cup of black coffee, the young man was dressed in a bright orange collared shirt.

Over it was his school uniform but unbuttoned. Dressed in black slacks and a pair of white sneakers, he had found out that while he still needed to be in uniform, the dress code could be bent a little. And bend he did, enjoying the liberties of wearing what he wanted.

The magic of reading the school's rule book truly knew no bounds.

With his hair like it always was, Y/n raised his eyebrows once he turned the page and took a look at a new article. "Well, well, it seems someone is going to need to deal with that. If isn't a murderer, then a stray devil also fits," He said aloud, reading through the section that detailed the missing person report. "But if it's the latter, I may have to take a look at things, get my hands dirty, well if they don't..." Y/n said, glancing away from his paper and over at what he had been doodling on.

A summoning flier, one he had picked up off the ground yesterday. Someone's servant or familiar was careless when handing them out, leading to him getting one. Having spent the morning writing on it, his efforts weren't without purpose, as he was currently changing the summon formula on it. In simple terms, once he was finished, he would be able to summon himself to the devil to whom it belonged too. The opposite of the intended effects. Holding the paper with one hand and reading it with his only set of eyes, while working with the other hand, what was his purpose in doing this?

He did it because he could.

"But, I probably shouldn't interfere, those two women will likely take care of it," Y/n figured, placing down the paper, before turning around and putting on his glasses, throwing the summon flier in the trash while at it, he had already finished it anyways, before taking a sip of his coffee and smirking. "I still need to check out that old church, it should be somewhere in the area..."