S2: Episode 7: [ Fallout of Victory. ]

Highschool DxD The Serpent King: [Season: 2 ]

Episode 7 : [ Fallout of Victory. ]

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

_______________

_______________

_______________

_______________

Peace once again returned to the lovely Kouh Town, as with the efforts of the devils, or rather the almighty Student Council, the wrecked school grounds were fully repaired, even if it left the unfortunate members drained of nearly all their energy by the end of it. School once again resumed as not a soul knew of the battle that once took place on their school grounds. And so, starting the day with a clear sky alongside a bright sun, things looked to be off to a good start.

A few days after the attack by Kokabiel, Issei Hyoudou found himself going down the halls of the old school building where a den of his fellow devils lay hidden. His day had started well enough, so with a good posture and his school bag over his shoulder, the brunette reached the double doors of Occult Research Club.

"Damn, I should have seen Irina off before they left...," The Pawn muttered to himself before pushing open one of the two doors and stepping inside, Issei was once again greeted by the refreshing Asia who stood up from her seat, proceeding to skip up to him and greet him with a sunny smile.

"Good morning Issei," Cool and sweet as usual, the brunette looked like he was thanking the Devil Kings for the life he had as he gave her a funny smile in return.

"Y-yo Asia, how are you and Ravel doing?" He asked, glancing over to the couch on the left to find the girl paying him only a glance in his direction. ( Damn she can be cold... ) He thought while the more sociable blonde pulled him by the hand into the room.

"We decided to stop by here before classes start, and Xenovia wanted to thank Rias as well," Asia explained to the nodding brunette who wasn't completely listening till-

"Yeah yeah, I'm pretty sure we still have time to-Wait who else did you say?" Issei asked with a raised brow as another familiar voice from behind him spoke up.

"Ah, Red Dragon Emperor, it's good to see you again," A bit too upbeat for her stone face, Xenovia who stood with her head tilted and hands put together like she was trying to greet someone, approached Issei as he spun around shocked.

"Ehh!? Aren't you and Irina supposed to be back at the church or somethin?" He asked, confused, expecting Irina to show up dressed in the school's uniform at any moment as well, but of course, the idea wasn't one he minded. Standing in front of Asia just in case the woman had anything to say, the pawn needn't worry as the blonde shook her head.

"Issei, It's fine," Providing a trusting smile, Issei gave Xenovia a questioning look as he stepped to the side of Asia while Ravel sat watching the scene with an almost annoyed look for reasons only known to her.

"...Then what's going on, Prez?" Looking to his master for an answer, he received it from the horse's mouth as Xenovia answered.

"After learning about the death of God...," Her eyes shifted for just a moment as her tone was kept to a steady calm. "...I left the church once I returned my pieces of Excalibur, currently I'm a-"

"Wait, you became a devil too?!" Issei shouted, stepping back as he tried to process things, yet with Asia giggling at him and Rias showing a still-fresh knight piece, he was now growing even more bewildered. "...Wait then why are you here then?"

Shaking her head and motioning to Rias, Xenovia explained as Koneko walked in, looking around the room for something before taking her seat as the former exorcist spoke. "Lady Rias was able to help me enroll in the academy, but...no I'm not a devil, I simply...follow a new way of things," Xenovia explained with a shrug of her shoulders.