Chapter 19

Tee was confused. No, that was understatement. He was driving back after work but his mind was full in thoughts. About him, Copter, Godt, Pring, even Tae and Kimmon. However, once his car stopped, only then he realized he was in front of the auto shop where Tae worked. He was thinking whether he should come out or turned around, going back home, because, this is ridiculous.

However, when he saw Tae was walking out with Kimmon, Tee's hand automatically pulled the car door's handle and walking out, making his appearance in front of both Kimmon and Tae. To that, their step halted, Tae's expression changed and Kimmon was shocked while looking at Tee and Tae back to back.

"Tee? How do you know to come here? Did you both keep contacting each other?" hearing Kimmon, Tae was feeling anxious creeping to his body fast and was trying to say something to retort on that, but Tee was faster.

"No! Kimmon, it's nothing like that. I was getting into an accident this morning, and coincidentally it wasn't far from here. Only then I could see Tae was working here. I never knew where he worked before and I don't keep his number after our incident."

Hearing Tee, Kimmon was looking at Tae and Tae was nodding his head, indicating that that was the truth.

"It's true. I deleted his number and never tried to contact him anymore." Kimmon was sighing, and then decided to believe them. He couldn't fully blame it on them about things happened before anyway.

"So, what are you doing here right now? Is there any unfinished business here?" Kimmon asked.

"Nope. I just drove back......you know what? I actually wanted to treat both of you to dinner to apologize. I know that it will not change anything, but could we have that dinner to close things up in a good way between us, so that, at least we could say hi whenever we crossed path. I hate the awkwardness between us. That, if...of course, if.... you both agree."

Kimmon was sighing once again and look at Tee straight to his eyes and turned to Tae who just shrugged his shoulder to that. Seriously, he don't mind the dinner, all he cares about is Kimmon, is all. So, it doesn't matter, as long as Kimmon was okay with it.

"I came here today because I want P'Tae to come back home early to cook. I think, it was okay to let you join us, right, P'Tae?" Said Kimmon then turn to Tae to ask for his agreement.

"If you say so." Replied Tae, short.

Hearing that, Tee smile got wider, making the two of them stunned for a second there whether they realized it or not. "That's great. I never knew Tae is a good cook."

xxx

In no time, the three of them arrived at Kimmon's apartment, when Kimmon invited Tee to come in and Tae going straight to the kitchen with all the groceries Kimmon had bought before going to fetch him at his workplace.

"P'Tae is a very good cook, and his tomyum soup was very delicious. He could beat most of the restaurants around here." Kimmon was talking while handing Tee a cup of tea which Tee said thanks for it.

"I'll look forward to taste it. Can't wait."

Both of them was silent after that. All they could hear was the sound from the kitchen when Tae was chopping something or when he was frying anything. Tee was looking around the apartment and he could see the picture of Tae and Kimmon with an older guy and older woman. It looks like a family photo, but considering their relationship, Tee couldn't put together his thoughts and without him realizes, he was staring at the picture.

"We are not real brothers." Kimmon's words making Tee turned away from the big picture on the wall and turn to Kimmon.

"We only knew each other over a year. My mom married to P'Tae's father. At first, I hated him, but after living here together with him, spending time together, I felt comfortable, happy, and without realizing, I was already in love with him. Things got confusing between us, with our relationship and our parents, and then you happened. I hate you to the core at that time, but then, after that night with you, only then I could understand P'Tae's position. I should thank you, since because of you, it strengthen our feelings and our resolved. We couldn't really decide anything regarding our parents, but we know we will face them together, no matter what."

Tee was smiling before sipping his tea. "I'm happy for both of you." Tee said while putting the cup back.

Kimmon then look at Tee back, contemplating whether to ask or not, but then decided to ask, since they were talking about the topic anyway.

"What about you? Is your husband okay? Last I heard about his accident after he knows about us." Tee was giving Kimmon a bitter smile before answering him.

"Ex-husband. I hurt him badly enough after knowing I was slept with you just the night before he decided to maybe forgive me about Tae. I'm screwed up, but I'm happy that you both could fix whatever that is between you." Tee was saying this in a calm demeanor, but Kimmon knows better. No one could be calm talking about their regrets and their lost love.

"I'm sorry to hear that. I wished you could have a better ending, but, I couldn't blame your husband too. At the time, I was just about to start the relationship with P'Tae, and that hurt me more than I can imagine. Your relationship with him might be years already, I guess, the impact on him was doubled, tripled or maybe more than i had feel and I don't want to imagine it. Don't mention the betrayal and everything else."

Tee was smiling a warm smile hearing Kimmon. He never thought that Kimmon is a very empathy person.

"You are right. I couldn't undo the hurt that I gave him, and the fact that I couldn't really loves him, and that without i even realize it, how weird is that, makes him hurt more. Our life is really strange. When we thought we've got a hold on our lives, it took us at a corner making us turning away from our real life. The hold we had was so fragile and easily broken when we already confident enough that it will never break. That is what happen to me. I was confident I was happy with my life and with him, but look at the decision I make. It wasn't a decision made by a man who lives a genuine happy life."

Kimmon was nodding his head hearing Tee, thinking how unpredictable the life is and then the silence come again between them.

"Is it okay not to help Tae in the kitchen?" Said Tee suddenly taking Kimmon's attention back to him. However, Kimmon just laughing hearing him.

"Don't worry about that. He is a solo performer. He hated it if someone disturbing him in the kitchen." Tee was smiling hearing Kimmon, while quietly feeling amazed to that fact.

"Because it was faster that way. The meal is ready, but let me take my bath first. Sorry to keep you waiting, baby, and Tee, hope you will enjoy the meal." Said Tae emerged from the kitchen suddenly behind Kimmon while draping his hand on Kimmon shoulder, making Kimmon looking up at Tae who is standing behind the sofa he was sitting on. Tae was giving him a peck before heading to their room for the shower.

Once finished the shower, Tae was heading out from the room only to see Kimmon and Tee already finished serve all the food he cook on the table. Tee who was putting the fork and spoon and Kimmon who just putting down the bowl of hot tomyum then turning to him, smiling.

"Come on, I'm hungry. The smells really nice and alluring." Tae was laughing while walked faster before Kimmon is complaining further.

They started having the dinner, with small talk, and lame jokes Kimmon makes here and there, making Tae and Tee laughing. Tee never thought Kimmon and Tae could accepted him this friendly, but they did, and there is no awkward left between them. Tae and Kimmon didn't let him feel left out, and in fact, Kimmon had telling him how Tae was always nagging him in every small things. The tough guy would act like a nagging grandma, was how Kimmon describe Tae, making Tae frowning and Tee laughing. All in all, the dinner went well, and now they were sitting at the living room with fruit and drink for the desert.

They were just turning on the tv for some movie when suddenly the door of the apartment blast open and come in a woman, tailed by a man behind her, which Tee had looking up the picture he saw before, confirming it was the same woman and the same man in the picture.

Enf of Chapter 19