No.14

A few weeks later, everything was starting to go back to normal. There were no signs of the kraang anymore, the ruined buildings were being rebuilt, and everyone seemed to be ok.

At the lair, everyone was back to Normal. Now they had a new member of the mad dogs; Casey!! He was taking his time, trying to figure things out, adjust to the new environment he was currently living in. Everyone helped him, especially gabby. She showed him around the whole streets of Manhattan. She helped him with the new fashion. She helped him understand how to use a phone. She helped him with almost everything he needed to know about the modern year world.

Now, they were at the park with April, talking about stuff.

"So, you two go to a... school? Which is a building that teaches you how to do stuff you need in the future...?" 

"That right. But it's never a real school if there isn't the big three most Important things; drama, crushes, and fights. Not the baby fights, but the real manly, brutal fights!" Gabby explained dramatically, cracking her knuckles, smiling broadly, and laid on the parks grass. April nodded in agreement.

"Yup, that's how life of a teenager works." Casey hummed as if understanding what he was given.

"Uhm, quick question, what is a 'crush'?" Gabby and April gasped and looked at each other, and then at him, giving each other a mischievous grin. Casey regretted his question, but it was too late.

"Oh hohoho, Casey my beloved, sweet friend, a crush is a teens most important tool in this whoooole world. A crush is where someone has... romantic feelings for another. It doesn't matter what gender you are... once in a while you'll experience a crush!! It's incurable, and its symptoms are pretty easy to spot. You turn red just by looking at them, you think about them every. Single. Day!! You feel super jittery in your stomach, and if you're near them, your heart starts pounding." Gabby gestured, as if she experienced all of those. Casey thought for a while, and then his eyes opened wide.

"So! A 'crush' is someone feeling attracted to someone else...? Can it go away...?" April and gabby nodded.

"It can, but it's like a cycle. You fall for someone, you leave signs you're interested, then if they say yes, you go out with them. If they say no, you'll be crying for the whole week, lose feelings, and then gain another crush. Or you just don't care and go to the next person." April added, and Casey hummed in agreement.

"How interesting.. have you two ever had a crush before..?"

"Of course I have! I've been the crushER, and  the crush of many... I'm like a love magnet!!" gabby boasted proudly. April laughed, and Casey raised an eyebrow.

"I've also had crushes.. but it's nothing THAT big..." April said shyly, blushing. Gabby wrapped her arms around her, and smiled broadly.

"You have?! You've never told me before!"

"I know! But your always match making with people, and if you did that to me, I'd die of shame!" April blushed. They both started to laugh, and Casey looked at them both. And then he looked at the world around him. He smiled softly to himself and he laid down on the parks fresh grass.

"This world.. is quite interesting. I think I'm gonna like it..." they both smiled at each other and they laid down with Casey.

"Even though, this world isn't that great and lovely like before, it certainly has its beauty..." gabby sighed and closed her eyes. A gush of wind breezed through their faces, the people talked, they laughed. The birds sang bright and sweet cries. If they paid attention to more, they'd hear more than just the sounds around them.

"Well then, do you guys want to go get something, like a smoothie, or boba?!" Gabby's smile never seemed to leave her face, something Casey noticed. April agreed and Casey just nodded.

'The more I talk to her, the more I get to know her.. she smart, funny, extremely confident, super social, and she's always there for us.. the way she's never drained is fascinating, and the way her voice lures people is mesmerizing, her dark blue eyes prancing around, waiting to catch a new friend.. and the way her hair flows in the wind, as if they were dancing.. I'm lying if I said she wasn't pretty.. wait, what am I saying?!' He turned bright red, hoping that April and gabby wouldn't notice, and he sighed in relief when they weren't. He was getting used to New York, but he still wasn't going to get used to these strange thoughts and feelings...