Chapter 10

The sun shining in through the window into his eyes wakes him up. Livs laying on his chest and he tilts his head down and smells her hair. He begins very gently and carefully caressing her back with his hand attempting not to wake her.

He thinks about how grateful he is to be waking up to her. He watches her chest as the air falls in and out of her lungs. God she's so stunning. Every freckle, every crease of her skin, every single part of her. There's not a single thing that he'd change. From the moment he laid eyes on her he couldn't help but think that she is single handedly the most beautiful thing he'd ever laid his eyes on.

No matter what she was wearing, no matter her hair cu, make-up or no makeup, sick or completely healthy, no matter the circumstances she took his breath away. He thinks about how crazy it is that if he had never volunteered to work at SVU he might have never met the love of his life. He thinks about all the times he spent wishing she could read his mind, wishing she knew how he felt, hell wishing he could read hers and know how she felt.

He thinks of all the times he grew improbably jealous towards anyone she was seeing. And how anytime he pictured her in danger he was ready to move hell and high water to protect her. He thinks of the nights he lay awake thinking about her and wondering if she was thinking about him. He thinks about all the nights he spent picturing her when he was intimate with his wife and about the guilt that he should have felt for doing so.

He wanted to be sorry. Ironically as odd as it sounds he wanted to feel guilty for his actions, because he knows it was wrong, but right now, looking at her, feeling her against his chest he couldn't be. He couldn't be anything but grateful. The woman of his dreams is cuddled up to him in his bed. He used to worship the ground that she walked on and he just spent one of the best nights of his life with her.

Liv begins to wake up and she looks up at Elliot who is already looking at her. She moans. "Mmmm that's a nice way to wake up. How long have you been awake?" "A while." He smiles. "You should have woken me." "You looked so peaceful and beautiful sleeping..I was just admiring the view.. and the feeling of your skin against mine." He smiles flirtatiously.

She kisses his lips gently. "Do you want some breakfast?" "What do you have?" She asks. "I'll have to look but I think I have pretty much everything. Pancake mix, bacon, eggs, sausage.." he winks. "Pancakes and sausage sounds good." "Mmm I was hoping you'd say that." He kisses her on the lips again before sliding out of bed and putting some sweats on. "I have a house robe if you want it -he chuckles as she looks around the room contemplating what to wear-or....you can go naked. I'm happy either way." He laughs.

She raises her eyebrows at him and quickly tilts her head. "Robe." He grabs it out of the closet and goes to hand it to her. She reaches for it and he playfully pulls away. "You sure?" He asks inevitably smiling. "I'm sure" she says her face growing warm as the redness fills her cheeks. "Okay then.-he hands it to her the smile never having left his face-I'll go get breakfast started."

She wraps the robe around her and heads for the bathroom. As she enters the room she looks into the mirror. Her hair is a complete mess and her cheeks are flushed yet she can't help but smile giddily. She thinks about how he's the perfect combination of charming yet sexy in a way that makes him almost irresistible. Every time he cracks a joke or smiles at her or touches her it takes every ounce of strength she has to not grab him and stick her tongue down his throat.

She freshens up before exiting the bathroom. She pauses in the hallway breifly telling herself to remain calm and resist her urges before heading towards the kitchen. She walks in and finds Elliot flipping pancakes before alternating and flipping the sausage. The aroma of the food and the morning coffee filling her nose.

She quietly watches him and thinks about how unbelievably hot he makes cooking look as he stands there shirtless. Her eyes wonder over his thick shoulders and neck, across his toned back and down to his plump backside. She zones out momentarily, only snapping out of it when Elliot turns and asks if she wants some coffee and she finds herself subsequently looking at his crotch. She quickly looks up from his groin and locks eyes with him. He smiles flirtatiously. "I'm sorry what'd you say? She asks embarrassingly.