Chapter 3

~~~ This is my mental image of Arc Angel Gabriel. Take a look on the right hand side --> ~~~~

Gavin stared at his superior. It was his review date, tine to see if he has earned forgiveness and be allowed back into the physical world. It's been eight years since the day that he failed his duties and the Arc Gabriel had finally called him in to discuss the situation with him.

"So you think it is time for you to regain your flesh?" the Arc asked, pacing around Gavin, purposefully trying to be intimidating. He wanted to see if he could provoke the younger Angel into rash action or an outburst. It was important to see if he was as easily directed as he used to be.

"I still feel guilty." Gavin admitted finally. "I am standing back, forced to offer the comfort of a ghost to a child that needs me. I... I wasted my gifts chasing loose women, indulging in passtimes that were useless and purposeless." Gavin looked at Gabriel.

"My charge has not called out to me, ever and I have only seen her from the spirit side. She is abused and alone and I want to help her She deserves it after my original failure."

Gabriel paced around the young Angel, giving thought and judgement to his words. "So you feel that by being present, you can help her?"

"Yes."

"That you can give her comfort?"

"Yes."

"That you can make atonement for your past transgressions?"

"Yes."

"So you don't feel you have earned forgivness yet?"

"Yes." Gavin said without hesitation.

"Then you're not ready." Gabriel replied simply,

"What?" Gavin demanded, his calm demeanour cracking at the rejection. "She'd being abused. He hasn't threatened her life but even you have to admit she deserves better than that!" he demanded of his superior.

"I do admit that she deserves better. You were supposed to be better than that. But the fact of the matter is that you're still too emotional. Take yourself entirely out of the equation. Your pride, ego and impulses have NOTHING to do with this. It should be all about her. It is sad that her father mistreats her thus, but that is not our domain. She can fight back, she can leave, there are options for her. Not choosing to go is her option, and we have to honor their free will. That's the whole point. Guardian Angel's are meant to protect someone when they have no other option, when someone else's choice has led to the deadly situation." Gabriel rested a hand on the younger Angel's shoulder.

Gavin shook, upset beyond explaination but not for himself. For the little girl who felt herself unworthy of being treated with love and care from ehr father. "Fine, don't give me my body back. But please, please send someone to help her." he begged, not caring about his ego at the moment.

Gabriel watched him plead, face smooth and expressionless. He wasn't heartless, though sometimes he was forced to do cruel things. "You can be her apparation then. But if I feel for a single moment htat you've crossed a line. You will never get your corporeal self back again." he warned.

Gavin nodded, realizing this was the best he was going to get. "Thank you sir." he said, voice soft. Gavin turned and walked to a traveller's room. Many of the inhabitants of this incoporeal plane could maifest nothing more than a vague presence in the corporeal plane. It required great amounts of energy unless sent there on a mission. Guardian Angels were often sent out on missions and there were individual traveller's rooms set up so that they can place their return marker and head into a physical manifestation in the solid world.