Flapjacks

"ADAM?!" Kate shouts from behind me

I can't move my body or mouth. Not a thought runs through my head as I stand there staring blankly at my first love.

"Earth to butterfly, aren't you gonna say anything?" He says smirking at me.

"What are you doing here Adam?" I say just above a whisper looking down to the floor.

"I came to see my butterfly, I've missed you."

"You don't have the right to call her that anymore Adam, how did you know where we lived?!" Kate says walking out from behind Jake and making her way next to me.

"KATIEEEEEE! Long time no see, how you been?" He says as if he's excited to see her.

"Amazing, I've been amazing and so has Minx. So you should leave." Kate says pushing me behind her.

I might have to take care of kate 99% of the time, but that 1% she needs to protect me she does it well.

"Butterfly please, let's just talk." He says in a soft voice.

"I TOLD YOU NOT TO CALL HER THAT ANYMORE. GO AWA-"

"Just talk." I cut kate off moving her to the side so I can unlatch the door.

I unlatch the door and let him in.

"There's my girl." He says moving towards me, taking my chin in his hand making me stare into his eyes.

"We're going to the room, call if you need us." Jake says walking past me and taking Kate's arm.

"Hell no, im staying right here." Kate says pulling her arm away from Jake.

"Kate it's fine. Adam and I need to talk." I say giving her a reassuring smile.

Kate and Jake leave the room and I get a good look at Adams clothing, he's not covered in wine anymore.

He just has a normal t-shirt and short pants on.

I gesture for him to take a seat and he does. I sit on the other sofa.

"I'm sorry Minx." Adam says looking down at his wrist while he fiddles with his watch.

"Sorry for what Adam?"

"Everything, absolutely everything. I was young and stupid, I couldn't see that the girl I had was worth fighting for, and staying for. I should've never done that to you and I should have never left you. I know that's no excuse. But I'm really sorry Minx, I still love you. I wanted to find you sooner, but I didn't know where you lived and nobody would tell me. Losing you was the biggest mistake I've ever made in my whole life." He finally finishes

I don't answer and he doesn't add anything to his speech.

"You cheated on me, with the person I hate most. Why?" I say looking up but he won't make eye contact for even a split second.