Chapter Thirty

"I was hoping we could have a little girl talk." she sneers. "Mind if I come in?" She shoulders past me without waiting for an answer.

"Actually, I do mind."

She ignores me as she makes her way into my living room and takes a seat on my couch. The shock of her audacity has me standing frozen in place as I continue to hold the door open for nobody. Who the hell does this girl think she is?

"I'm not leaving until we chat, so you might as well join me in here," she calls.

I slam the door hoping Tyler will hear it and come to investigate. I could really use his advice on how to handle whatever the hell this situation is.

Walking into the living room, I stop in front of her with my arms crossed over my chest. I stick her with what I hope is my most murderous glare, but she just sits there inspecting her nails completely unfazed.

"Sit down, Alice," she commands.

"Look you have five seconds to get the hell out of my house before I have my father remove you," I threaten.

"Oh please," she scoffs, "I happen to know your father is in London, so your empty threats aren't going to get rid of me that easily."

Well so much for that plan. I glance at the stairway hoping to see Tyler on his way to rescue me somehow, but it remains empty. I groan in frustration and sit down in my dad's chair across from her. "Fine, I surrender. What is it exactly you want from me, Callie?"

"I already told you," she smiles, "I want to talk."

"About what?"

"Why, Finn of course!" she exclaims like this should be completely obvious. "So, here's the thing," she crosses her legs and leans back like this is all perfectly casual, "Finn Sawyer belongs to me. And only me." She pauses to fix me with a menacing glare, but I refuse to react.

"Which means," she continues, while inspecting her already perfect nails, "I'm obviously going to need you to stay away from him. Do you understand me?"

Wow, she must be joking. "Umm no I certainly do not understand. He's not a piece of property and you don't own him."

"Oh Alice," she shakes her head, "You really have no idea what you are talking about."

This time when she looks at me, I flinch back. For the briefest moment, I swear I see a flash of something behind her eyes. Something dark. I blink and shake it off.

"Look, I'm done humoring this ridiculous conversation. Finn is a big boy and can make his own decisions about who he wants to be with. Okay? Now I think it's time for you to go." I stand and make my way to the front door ready for her to leave.

"Fine have it your way," she sighs while standing up, and brushing down her already perfect dress.

While I watch her, this is the first time I really take in her appearance. She is wearing a red and black, knee-length, sleeveless dress, and it's so tight it wears more like a second skin, rather than clothing. It also sits so low on her chest, that it really doesn't leave much to the imagination. Her black designer pumps make her tower a good half a foot over me, and her golden hair is also perfectly straight and silky as it cascades down to her waist. She looks more like a supermodel than a high school student. Which makes me feel completely crazy for thinking Finn might actually be willing to forget her for me.

I open the door as she begins to saunter over, and think my mind is playing tricks on me as I see Finn making his way up the driveway. He is holding a solitary sunflower and wearing his trademark crooked smile. Which falls the moment he looks over my shoulder and spies who's there.