Chapter Two

"You okay, Princess?"

I continue to sit on the hallway floor, staring up at the gorgeous specimen in front of me, finding it very hard to focus on his words. Or anything else that's not his face.

"Hello? I didn't hurt you did I, Princess?" he asks again, sounding way more amused than concerned.

I try to shake myself out of my daze and finally register that he is not only talking to me but waiting for me to answer.

"Princess?" I ask, feeling relieved to have found the ability to speak, but still confused by his words. "My name is Alice," I tell him.

Why in the world does he keep calling me Princess? Oh geez, I hope he isn't getting me confused with someone else. As if this whole situation isn't embarrassing enough already.

He reaches out his hand to help me up, but for some reason, I find myself reluctant to take it. Sensing my hesitation, and apparently not willing to be patient, he bends down to put both his hands underneath my arms. I begin to protest, but before I have a chance, he is already lifting me completely off the floor and setting me on my feet. He continues to keep his grip on me even once I am standing as if to make sure I am steady on my own before being willing to release me.

"Is that better?" he smirks.

Now that all my previous confusion is gone, I replace it with irritation instead. Who does this guy think he is putting his hands on me? I open my mouth ready to firmly tell him to please take his hands off me, but all that seems to come out is some kind of incoherent stammering. Of course, I would get tongue-tied now. How much more humiliation does the universe want to pile onto me today I wonder?

Hearing my pathetic attempt at speech, he laughs quietly to himself, as if already knowing full well the effect he has on women. He thinks he has me flustered, and he finds it amusing. Naturally, this only works to annoy me more.

"Who the hell does this Fabio think he is?"

I hear Tyler's voice from somewhere behind me, and it helps chase away the last of whatever fog was lingering in my head. I pull my body away breaking the jerk's grip from my body.

"Thanks for the help, but I am just fine," I tell him. Proud of the amount of bite I manage to put into my words.

I see him flinch back slightly, and I'm satisfied to see that he was clearly not expecting my harsh reaction. I bend down to retrieve my backpack from the floor and start to walk around him and continue on my way. I'm smiling to myself, feeling very satisfied that I managed to get the last word in and trip up his confidence until he calls over his shoulder.

"No problem, Princess."

I stop in my tracks, and despite the protests from Ty telling me not to engage, I am completely unable to help myself. This guy has somehow managed to push my buttons.

"I already told you my name is Alice!" I spin back around to face him once again. "So why do you insist on being such an asshole?"

"I call you Princess because you like a Princess." he shrugs.

What the hell does that mean? "So, if I decided that you look like an assface, I should just start calling you that, even if it's not your name?" I counter.

"What if my name is Assface?" he smirks.

This guy can't be serious. "Is your name Assface?"

"No, it's not"

"Well okay, then you see my point."

"No, not really"

"Are you always so infuriating?!" I growl.