Chapter Twenty-Seven

I wake up breathing heavily and completely rattled by these new revelations. First, I am positive that I have seen this boy before. Second, and more importantly, there was something in the road that night. Something that wasn't an animal. Something that wanted us to crash that night.

I glance at my clock to see that it's only a little after seven in the morning. The dream has me rattled and right now I need to talk to Tyler. I know the mystery boy was trying to say something to me before I woke up and I don't know why but I can't shake the feeling that it was something important. For the first time, I wish I could have stayed inside my nightmare for just a little longer.

Sitting up, I notice my phone is lying on my bedside table with a piece of paper and a chocolate kiss on top of it. Which is especially interesting since I'm pretty sure I had left it in my backpack yesterday. I pick it up and remove the post-it note that has been stuck on top.

It's a note from Finn.

                                      Came by but didn't want to wake you.

                                      Text me when you can. 

                                       My number is in your phone.

                                       I miss you already

                                                                                      -Finn

I feel my heart flutter as I read it, then start to have a mild freak out. Finn came into my room this morning.

While I was sleeping.

I really hope I wasn't drooling, snoring, or anything else ridiculously embarrassing when he was here.

I find his name in my contacts and send him a quick text.

Breaking and entering is a felony, you know.

Good thing I didn't break anything 😉

Where did you even find my phone?

In your backpack.

Just as I thought, I did leave it in there yesterday. So, not only did he enter my room while I was unconscious, but he also went through my belongings. Oh, geez. I'm pretty sure I have tampons in there.

Didn't your mother ever teach you not to go through a lady's bag?

Yes, but since it was a backpack I decided it was more of a grey area.

Of course, you did. What time were you here anyway.

            About an hour ago. I wanted to see you before I left to visit Zoey.