⭐️Sally x Reader

Summary: Sally is adamant about Y/N performing with her, and it leaves Y/N frustrated between deciding to face their stage fright or disappointing their friend! In an attempt to appease while also spend more time with Sally, Y/N finally agrees. When things don't go to plan, how will they work out? 
*Angst to fluff 

Requested by: @RandomThingsOfMine
Thank you so much for requesting! (and being the first to) I had so much fun writing this, it was such a cute prompt. Thanks for giving Sally some love~  I hope you enjoy! 

Sally stood at your door, a wide and thoughtless smile on her face while she wobbled back and forth, occasionally moving her foot or hands in beat to some tune in her head which she'd rather loudly hum out. You peeked at the scene through your door's small window, taking some deep breaths, rehearsing how you'd respond to her obvious question. 

When were you going to perform with her? 

Well... could you? The thought makes you groan in frustration. You quickly open the door to distract yourself. Despite her persistence, Sally found you delicate, a far more unique and considerate thought in comparison to her perception and boundaries with the other neighbors. Due to her endearment towards you, it was clear she'd be more respectful and aware of your rejection, though it still took a moment of eager anticipation and questioning to get there. 

As the door opens and Sally bounces around, trying to catch a good look at you until you're fully visible she lets out a excited noise before clapping her hands in excitement 

"Y/N!" 

"Sally..." You say, a smile irresistibly gracing your own features at the energetic sunshine. 

She perks up a bit at your acknowledgment, her feet rocking her back and forth. 

"Well...! Sally was just wondering if you'd finally perform with me! You know, I think it's time I teach you all about songsss and musicc up on the stage! Oh! Oh! The neighborhood would love it!" She exclaims, absentmindedly grabbing your hands in hers as she attempts to convince you once again. 

What was it? The seventh time this week? 

You slightly lean against the doorframe, her hands still with yours. You look to the side a little, trying to resist her happiness at the thought of you two performing together. 

It was a little shocking, after all, Y/N and Sally were the best of best friends in the neighborhood! Everyone was wondering when you'd finally perform together. You hum in thought, Sally going on her tippy toes in excitement, you were really thinking about it! Her eyes widened, her hands gripping onto yours a little tighter in anticipation. 

Maybe you were overthinking it. Yes, you undoubtedly have stage fright. But... maybe you just had to overcome it. You were with Sally after all, what was the worst that could happen? Performing with her on her little big stage, maybe her sunshine would help distract you from the crowd, from the eyes and thoughts that would typically harrow around you up there. Maybe Sally was enough to make you feel better. 

Well, there was only one way to find out. 

And only one way to get her to stop pestering you about this. 

"I'd love to perform with you Sally..." You nervously say, the original smile on your face morphing into a squiggly awkward one. As the words left your mouth it all set in, what were you doing?! 

"Oh yay yay yay!!!" Sally exclaimed, jumping up. She pulled you into a tight hug, with every second attempting to make it even tighter as she twirled you around. 

"Aren't you just the biggest star! Oh Y/N you're going to be so bright!" 

Her contagious excitement alongside your nerves made you giggle, your feelings all over the place as you questioned the predicament you freshly got yourself into. 

"Let me tell you all about my plans for us!!" She exclaims with a gasp at the thought, inviting herself into your home. 

You follow behind her with a lopsided smile, admiring her eagerness as you two go to your kitchen table, the place you two typically share stories and comforting exchanges. 

The following week is filled with a few sleepovers as you continue to practice with her constantly, per her request. 

The most memorable of those shared moments were the unusual content silences between the two of you. Of course, Sally wasn't known to be quiet. So to have her so happy and content in a silence of you two was shocking and beautiful. Otherwise, those nights and mornings were filled with pure and childish laughter and giggles, laced with hidden glances which were drowned in admiration. 

She'd prepared a shorter sort of musical today, only about three songs exchanged between the two of you. About half an hour and you'd be performing them, the thought made your hands shake and sweat. 

Before anyone began to arrive and be seated you stood on the stage alone. Being propped in front of the chairs, all directed towards you with the moon towering over you, it's light shining on you made you gulp and breath heavily as the setting placed itself together. As Sally called out your name, time before showtime shortening, you quickly jogged off the stage as you swallowed back nervous tears and hid your shaking hands. 

Slowly you began to hear the chorus of an audience. You looked to Sally, her eyes shining in pure happiness at the thought of being on her precious stage with you, so excited her face was tinted a bright red. The contrast between the two of you brought tears to your eyes, how could you be so different than her, yet treasure her so much? You'd disappoint her if you backed out now, but you'd embarrass her if you froze and failed on that stage. 

You released a shaky breath, regret consuming you as heavy tears uncontrollably ran out. You turned away from her, your hands attempting to hide the look of vulnerability and fear you wore while trying to muffle your cries. 

"Y/N...?" Sally so softly asked, her hand gently testing itself against your shoulder. 

"What's wrong sunshine?" 

As you attempted yet failed to answer she pulled you down to sit alongside her, her arm pulling you into her by your shoulder. 

"Shhh... you are my sunshine... my only sunshine, you make me happy when sky's are gray!" she softly sang to you, her smile obvious in the way she sang. Slowly yet clearly the muffled cries from you faded, your breaths evening out in the comfort of her soft sweater and the feeling of her hand rubbing shapes into your shoulder. 

"You'll never know dear... how much I love you" she continued, your face rising up a little to hers to look at her, to comfort yourself. 

She noticed the shift in your demeanor, it being much more hesitant yet relaxed now and she stopped to stare at you with a bright smile before hugging you a little tighter. 

"What's wrong sunny~?" she sang out to you in a amused yet attentive tone, her eyes drifting off of you to give you the space and time you needed.

"It's so scary Sally... the way their eyes will be on me... the way i'll be on a big stage. I'm scared Sally, what if I'm not good enough?" you hopelessly admitted. 

Sally let out a gasp, louder than she realized as she shook you a little, looking back to you in a almost betrayed and playful sort of way. 

"Whattt? That's crazy, Y/N! Of course you're going to be all scared and nervous, but you don't have to be that scared! We all think you're sooo amazing and special, that's why I want no one else but you to do this with me. They came to watch, so the only ones who matter are you and me, follow me and I'll lead you, okay? Trust me, I'll take care of you!!" 

Her arm pulled you into a tighter hug before quickly letting go. She patted your hair so it wouldn't be so messy, giving you a more peaceful than excited smile, a rare and so genuine one. 

"Please don't take... my sunshine away!"