📔Wally Darling x Sad! Reader

Summary: It's supposed to be summer, but it's raining! When the bad weather leaves Y/N to dwell on their insecurities, Wally rushes to your side.
-Notes! gender neutral reader, AU without Welcome Home being a show... 

You slammed the door as you lazily went onto your bed, switching positions trying to find a comfortable one. Unfortunately you had hurt you arm recently, and they ached from your lack of care. Wally hadn't been home for the past day or so, busy with his neighborly duties which had increased due to the bad weather... despite it being the end of May. 

It was raining now, and though you'd usually find the sound of its tapping against home peaceful you now found it overwhelming. You had to remind yourself home was here for you when Wally wasn't (physically anyways), which was the reason you hadn't been sobbing by now. So as you lay in bed trying to battle against different insecurities such as your appearance and your performance, as well as other things, the worries just seemed to continue piling. You hesitated to even hug or touch yourself in comfort, feeling pieces of disgust or discontentment and worrying they might amplify. 

Trying to think of Wally... though he himself surely helped, thinking about him was the last straw to make you sob. Home's curtains in your bedroom moved, along with a whirling and low squeak sound as if it questioned the situation and how it may help. When you could only shake your head in response it moved the floorboards underneath the bed gently and slowly, trying to comfort you. You mutter a thanks, trying to catch sleep by pulling the blankets around you tighter. 

As Home's rocking beneath you finally began to lull you there, the door softly opened which through your puffed and tear stained eyes revealed Wally. Still dressed rather professionally and with his mouth agape slightly, his eyes soft with care and concern all to you. He kept his eyes on you, just as always refusing to blink as he shut the door behind him. 

"Y/N my dear, what's wrong?" 

You attempt to mutter something, moving to sit upright to face him properly. Instead he rushes in changing into something more comfortable, quickly walking towards you as he mutters delicate "no's", until he finally makes it to the bed with you. 

He tests his hand against your cheek, and once you leaned into it he began to move away the hair from your face, grabbing your hand with his own and pressing a delicate kiss to it as we crawls into the covers with you. 

He knocks Home's walls twice, signaling for it to turn off the lights which it does, Wally mumbles a "thank you" in return as Home makes a reassuring squeak. Then, Wally gently moves you to lay on him, spooning you as he hums something like a lullaby while one of his hands feel through your hair, the other rubbing your back. 

"Wally..." 

"What is it my red?" He hums out, continuing with his lullaby to you 

"I missed you" is all you can find yourself saying. In his arms again, in his comfort, how could any of your insecurities be true? Yes, they lingered, and yes, it was normal to have those worries. But now, in his fresh comfort the rain finally began to be calming once again. 

Wally gives a chuckle and smile, pressing his lips against the top of your head. 

"and oh, how I missed you..." he replies. 

"is it alright if I sleep?" you ask, having originally wanted to talk with him, to hear about his day but suddenly finding any energy gone. 

"that's all I could ask of you right now, doll."