chapter 24

***

***

Lunch break arrived and I was at the cafeteria with Nabi and the rest of my other friends.

I looked around the cafeteria, I couldn't see Hyungwon however I saw Jooheon and another girl. My heart dropped. I didn't know how to feel in that moment.

Jealousy was a green eyed monster that I was terrified of however in that moment I couldn't help but get angry. I stopped eating and sat back.

"Is everything ok?" Kris asked.

Without a verbal response I nodded. My friends knew that there was something wrong however Nabi was the only person that quickly figured out everything.

Despite being bombarded with tons of questions by my friends I managed to stay calm and not lash out.

As lunch progressed I saw Hyungwon enter the cafeteria. My anger quickly faded away. He looked around the cafeteria and his gaze caught mine. A smile appeared on his face and he approached me.

"Hello girls, how are you guys doing?"

All of my friends quickly shifted into their nice girl persona. I knew that Kris had a slight crush on him which explained why she immediately switched up. We all assured him that we were alright.

"That's great, can I please steal Jae?" He asked.

All of my friends quickly agreed, especially Nabi. I got up and picked up my tray. I followed Hyungwon to a table that was further away from everyone else's table.

We sat down and Hyungwon didn't waste any time to ask how my day was so far. I responded by saying that it was fine since nothing extraordinary happened.

We briefly spoke about our anxiety with regards to our art project being due on that day. I should've been the one who's anxiety would skyrocket through the roof since I wasn't confident about my artwork.

He quickly assured me that I was going to achieve a great score and I shouldn't doubt myself. Everything Hyungwon told me, I wished it came from Jooheon.

Hyungwon then looked around the cafeteria his gaze fell on Jooheon who was already looking at our direction. Hyungwon then slightly nodded at Jooheon. Jooheon gave him a fake smile before turning away from our direction.

"What's up with your friend?" I asked.

"He's been moody lately, I don't know." He responded.

Jooheon had been acting strange ever since the picnic. If he didn't want to attend then he should've said so. I also noticed that when we said our goodbyes after he left me at my house he seemed upset. The hug he gave me felt like he was forced to do so.