chapter 16

***

***

"Do you like me, Jae Sang?" He asked.

He moved away from my ear and his face was in close proximity to mine. He stared at me with a smile on his face causing his deep dimples to pop up.

"N-No, what are you talking about?" I questioned.

He could tell that I was nervous since I stuttered and I constantly kept looking away.

He placed his index finger under my chin and gently lifted my head. I slowly moved backwards which resulted in me falling on my back and he was on top of me.

His chain that was around his chest was dangling above my face.

"What are you doing?" I asked him in a soft spoken tone.

I then got nervous at the possibility he might do something sexual to me. Just by having that thought alone terrified me in that moment.

He was moving too fast. I couldn't keep up with what he did. I didn't want to do anything with him since we were not romantically involved at all.

"Jooheon? Please don't-"

"I'm not going to do anything to you, Jae. Just trust me." He said as his grip slightly loosened around my wrists.

My gaze fell on his chain that was dangling above my face. I slowly started to feel hypnotized by it before Jooheon's voice grabbed my attention.

"Eyes on me, Jae."

My attention immediately fell on Jooheon as my eyes quickly trailed back to him.

There was silence for a few minutes. We just stared into each other's eyes. The silence was loud but not as loud as the voice of my feelings trying to force me to confess.

Just confess, what would he even do?

Immediately there was a sudden shift in him. It was like he read my mind. He got off me and sat back down on the bed. I immediately started fearing whether he found out that I liked him. But how exactly?

I sat up to look at him.

"Jooheon? What's wrong?" I asked.

He didn't respond right away. His eyes trailed away from mine onto his lap. I crawled closer to him and gently cupped his face with my right hand.

"What's wrong ba- I mean... Jooheon?"

Shit I almost called him baby. Shit. Shit. Shit.

"I'm sorry."

He then removed my hand away from his face. He got off the bed and put on his school shoes. Finally he picked up his backpack and left.

I was left confused and weirdly enough, heartbroken.

I wanted him to kiss me. I wanted to confess to him.

But he left me...

The feeling of abandonment overwhelmed me. It felt like I lost someone I love. No word, nothing. He just walked away.

Was it because of me? Did I do anything wrong?

~~~