chapter 23

***

***

As soon as I arrived at the front gate of my school building, I saw Nabi staring directly at my mother's car.

I got out of the car and approached her. Before I could greet her with a hug she grabbed my left arm and dragged me inside the gate.

"What's going on?" I asked with utter confusion. She didn't respond at all. She remained quiet instead.

She dragged me inside the school building. At first I didn't know where she was headed to however I found it.

There was was a particular staircase at my school that most students would go there if they wanted to kiss or do anything incriminating.

We stopped walking and she turned to face me.

"There's something I need to tell you." She blurted out. I insisted that she should continued since I was overwhelmed with so much curiosity.

"Firstly, yesterday after school when I was at the library I was approached by Jooheon."

"Why?" I questioned.

"He asked me if you liked Hyungwon, like as in if you like him in any way." She answered.

Why would he be concerned about that? Why didn't he speak to me about it? I honestly felt a bit betrayed but I needed to know more.

"I didn't know if you did or not and so I just brushed it off. He then asked if you and Hyungwon are secretly in a relationship."

"Wait why would he ask you that? Did anybody tell him something?" I sort of raised my voice however Nabi managed to calm me down.

"I'm getting there. I then asked him if he's jealous or anything and he was so dismissive about it. It was like he was trying to brush it off."

"Well, is he jealous?" I asked.

"Unfortunately, I think he is. He gave off so many signs that clearly indicated that he was. He was then ranting about Hyungwon which I found so weird-"

"What did he say? Tell me!" I demanded. I needed to know answers.

She was hesitant at first. I tried to make her speak up but she kept trying to diffuse it by mentioning something else however I demanded to know.

"All I can say, I don't think he sees Hyungwon as his friend. Rather his enemy." She responded.

I tried to put the pieces together. Trying to determine what she meant by that. What could possibly make Jooheon see Hyungwon as a threat and not his friend anymore. Did Jooheon even consider Hyungwon as his friend in the first place?

I then told Nabi about the conversation I had with Hyungwon the day prior about his friendship with Jooheon. I even mentioned exactly what he told me and just by her facial expression I could tell that she felt bad for Hyungwon.

"All I can say is be careful around this time. Protect your heart at all cost and know what you want."

She pulled me in for a hug. Although everything was so confusing, I felt so much better. Nabi was really my comfort person.

I just hoped that nothing will go wrong as I wished my friendship with Jooheon will grow back to normal.