chapter 9

~~~

~~~

We ran to the city, we didn't know what we wanted to do. My first initial thought was going to watch a movie until Jooheon suggested that we should go to the mall.

"The mall? That's not exploring! Let's go somewhere out of the city." I said as I looked around.

"I know a place, follow me." He grabbed my hand and walked towards the opposite direction.

I wasn't sure where he wanted to go but I followed him. As we walked I looked at my surroundings trying to figure out the possible destinations but I still had no clue.

As we walked I realized that we were eventually heading away from the city. I looked ahead of me and noticed that we were heading to an area that I had never been to before. Were we still in Incheon?

I noticed that the area was infested with tons of grass and a few flowers. I looked around and saw different types of flowers scattered around.

He stopped walking and let go of my hand. He then turned to face me, a smile appeared on his face.

"So? Do you like this place?" He asked. I looked around the scenery admiring the view and taking in everything my eyes fell upon.

"Like it?" I said while staring at him, his facial expression slowly changed.

"I love it, silly! It's absolutely beautiful!" I yelled as I ran around with my arms flaying in the air. I then stopped to remove my backpack off my shoulders which restricted me from running around freely without restrictions.

I blurted song lyrics out loud. I never felt so free like that before. I stopped running and searched for Jooheon, he still stood at the same spot with his hands in his pockets and with a smile on his face.

"Aren't you going to join me?" I asked.

"It's fine, enjoy yourself." He insisted. I rolled my eyes and ran towards him. I removed his backpack and dropped it on the grass and pulled him.

I performed a dance that was performed in a play Jooheon was in the last semester. He immediately recognized the dance and joined me.

We both smiled and laughed throughout the whole time. The scenery blended in perfectly with the dance. I didn't pay attention to anything else, my mind was focused on Jooheon and the beautiful surrounding.

I didn't realize how much time passed by, once we were done with the dance and many other dances I looked up at the sky and it was grey. I knew it was about to rain.

"It's about to rain, we should go home." I said as I stared at the sky.

"You're right, let's find out backpacks and head out to here."

We searched for our bags until we finally found them. We then headed out of the mystery place and back to the city. The walk to city was silent, it was an unusual feeling.

By the time we reached to my house it was already dark and I felt rain drops fall on me. I'm sure Jooheon felt the same thing.

I couldn't think of a lie to tell my mother about why I arrived home extremely late but I remembered the fact my friend, Ji Hye lived alone with her older brother since her parents passed away recently.

I told Jooheon to hide somewhere because I didn't want my mother to see him. Before he left he gave me a hug.

"Thank you for spending time with me."

I smiled and hugged him tightly. I remembered something. I was supposed to confess something to Jooheon.

I pulled away from the hug and stared at him, "what's wrong?" He asked.

"I have to tell you something." I said as I was trying to structure the sentence in my head.

"What is it?"

"I-" before I could say it I my dog bark which startled me and Jooheon.

"Nevermind, I'll tell you some other time. See you tomorrow!" I quickly turned around and ran inside the gate. I opened the front door and got in only to see my mother walking down the stairs.

"Where have you been? I even called your father and asked if you were with him and he said no." She fumed.

"I'm sorry, I was at Ji Hye's house. I wanted to spend time with her after everything that has happened." I lied.

My mother sighed and approached me, "please don't disappear like that ever again. I was extremely worried."

Not her being concerned about me after not caring about me.

I apologized and made my way upstairs to my bedroom. I closed the door behind me and dropped my backpack on the floor. As I approached the window and tried to close the curtain I saw Jooheon standing outside my house searching for something on the ground.

He picked up a stone and was about to throw it towards my bedroom window but stopped when he caught me staring at him.

A smile appeared on his face and waved at me, as I was about wave back he ducked down behind plants that was in front of the fence.

He slowly made his way out of my line of sight, he probably snuck away.

That was one of the best days of my life.

~~~

A/Nheya! i hope you are enjoying the story so far

A/N
heya! i hope you are enjoying the story so far. the structure and writing style of this book reminds me of the Han Jisung ff i wrote last year.

anyways, please continue showing support and let me know what you think!