Chapter 13

I tried not to look hurt. He was in love with a girl, and I liked him. What was I thinking anyway? I had Camilo, these thoughts were wrong in the first place.

I smiled, "I'm happy for you, Carlos.." That sounded way sadder than I expected. He looked at me sadly.

"What's wrong?" I was concerned. Did I say something wrong? "She doesn't like me back, I just know it!.." He sounded devastated. Poor boy.

"I'm sure she does! I mean why wouldn't she?-" I stopped myself, before I got into too much detail. I gave him a small smile.

"Why would she?!" He replied with a raised voice.
"I'm a freak, Y/n! All the townsfolk are scared of me, and act as if I'm gonna kill them any minute!" His voice was filled with anger, and started to crack. I hadn't seen him like this before.

I felt bad for him, but I didn't know what to do. I was extremely bad at dealing with people's feelings. Before I thought about it further, I moved my hand onto his, and held his hand softly. I carefully stroked his hand with my thumb. He just accepted it. I moved my gaze from our hands to his face, and noticed tears forming in his eyes. He closed his eyes, and the tears ran down his cheeks.

"I'm really sorry about everything, Carlos." I whispered. He rested his head on my shoulder, and I ran my fingers through his hair. He was still silently crying, and his eyes were still closed. I really did feel sorry for him.

"She doesn't like me back, y/n..." he weakly said. He kept on crying, and I didn't even bother to try stopping him. He needed to let it all out.

"If she doesn't, she's an idiot, Carlito." My eyes widened, when I realized, what I had called him. He seemed to be surprised too. He lifted his head from my shoulder, and looked at me.

"Carlito?" He sniffed, and gave me a small smile. He was gorgeous. "I guess that's your nickname." I giggled. He then did something, I would've never expected from him. He hugged me. His arms were around my waist, and tears were still slowly running down his cheeks. Surprised by his actions, I hugged him back. He seemed to need it.

"I'm sorry.." He let go of me. "Don't apologize, you did nothing wrong." I felt my lips form a little smile.
"I think there's something wrong with me, y/n. I never cry." He sounded genuinely concerned, which made me chuckle. "You've clearly been bottling up all of your feelings. They need to come out at some point." I stroked his back. "I don't know... I just feel like a monster." He stared into the nothingness. He seemed to zone out. "You're not a monster, you just needed to let out some feelings, and that's okay." I assured him.

He rested his head on my shoulder again. I was happy he was getting comfortable with me. "Y/n?" He suddenly asked while still being zoned out. "Mhm?" I looked at him.

"𝐂𝐚𝐧 𝐈 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐢𝐬?"