Chapter 6

I was on my way home when my brother came running to me. I looked at him confused and asked him what was wrong. With his eyes full of fear he almost yelled "It's mom! She's gone! She left us, y/n!.." I looked at him in disbelief. I was quiet for a little while, "Is she... dead?.." I asked with a shakey voice as tears started forming in my eyes, "I don't know! She left a note saying she's leaving us! I just-" he stopped himself. It's like he lost all of his energy to speak. "Hermano?..." I couldn't get in contact with him, it was like as if he was in a trance. "B/n?!" I didn't know what to do and I panicked. I started sobbing. What were we gonna do?! What are we gonna tell our little sister?.. I had to find Camilo. I started screaming after him.

I woke up.

I was sweating and gasping for air.
"Yeah, I'm not Camilo." That's when I saw a curly haired boy in a maroon colored poncho. Carlos. My heart skipped a beat. I didn't say a word, this was all too embarrassing. "What's going on with you anyway?", he asked. And as I thought I couldn't feel more stupid I asked, "What do you mean?" although I knew damn well what he meant. "You were crying and gasping for air?-" he looked at me as if I were a complete idiot. "Just a nightmare," there was quiet for a second "What are you doing in here anyway? Where is Camilo?" I was actually confused. This was Camilo's room, not Carlos'. "He went out to help mamà with some chores and told me to look for you." I don't think this could be more awkward. "Okay..." I answered. Suddenly Carlos chuckled. "What's so funny?" I was genuinely confused. "You looked like an idiot when you were asleep. Oh! And don't even get me started on when you were calling for Camilo!" He started laughing. "Camilo! Oh Camilo! Help me!" He was imitating my voice. That was the first time I've ever heard him laugh. At this point he could barely breathe, because of how much he was laughing. "Shut up, Carlos." I felt my cheeks get hot. This was so humiliating. "Oh Camilo, come rescue helpless little me!" Carlos continued as he started wheezing. I couldn't help but smile a bit. It was a bit odd seeing him so happy, but I found a comfort in it. I slapped the back of his head, "Okay shut up now."
"Ay! What was that for?!" He complained. "Boy you know damn well." He rolled his eyes. Before I knew it, Camilo opened the door. "Oh look! There's your prince!" Carlos teased. Camilo looked at us confused. "You can fuck off now, Carlos." He giggled and got out. "What was that about?" Camilo asked with an even more confused face than before, "Don't worry about it, Milo." He smiled and sat down on the bed next to me, "I'm so asking Carlos about it when you leave." He smirked. "No you're not!" Camilo started laughing and hugged me, "I'm sorry, I'm just kidding, tonta" I felt butterflies in my stomach. Why? I honestly had no idea. I normally didn't have a problem with Camilo hugging me at all. He pulled away and looked at me, "Your cheeks are red by the way," he smirked again, "did I make you blush, y/n?" He asked in a teasing way, obviously joking. I rolled my eyes "You wish." I layed down on the bed again and smiled at him. I loved when he joked around. Before I knew it, he was laying next to me. We looked eachother in the eyes. We were close to eachother. My heart started beating faster and faster. What is going on with me?! Milo is my best friend, I can't react like this! But I could hear his heart beating fast too.
We heard the door open and quickly sat up. "I forgot my-" Carlos looked at us suspiciously "...book..." He slowly walked in and grabbed his book. Milo and I were completely quiet. Carlos looked weirdly at us as he made his way out again. "...uh" Camilo looked at me. "Sorry about that-" he continued. I didn't know if he meant sorry about Carlos or for what happened before Carlos walked in. "It's completely fine!" I said anyway. It got quiet again. I felt awkward. I then noticed a warm hand touching mine. My cheeks were getting hotter. Camilo and I made eye contact again, and he started to lean closer to me. My eyes widened. Was he about to kiss me?!
He then kissed my cheek, and smiled softly with a slight blush on his cheeks. Was I... disappointed? Why did I even expect more than a kiss on the cheek?!
"I should probably go home... It's getting late.." I said quietly, "Can I follow you home, y/n?" he asked. I nodded. I expected him to just walk with me like nothing just happened, but he held my hand softly and started following me home. It was a quiet walk home, but not the awkward kind of quiet. It was quite nice, actually. As we got to my house he let go of my hand. "Meet me at the fountain at midnight." He said with a soft voice. I nodded and he smiled at me and started walking back to Casita. I stared at him walking away, before I got myself to actually go inside my house. I went into my room and got changed into my pajamas. I remembered what Camilo had told me.
Midnight, at the fountain..