Chapter 12

I was still weirded out by the fact that Mirabel acted so suspicious the first time I saw her, and normal the second time. I looked out of the window and spotted Carlos. Should I go out, and talk to him? Ah, screw it. I happily ran outside,

"Hola, Carlos!" Maybe I sounded a bit too excited.

He looked at me as if he had seen a ghost. Was it something behind me? I turned around, and looked for what, possibly, made Carlos look like that. There was nothing there.

"Are you alright?" I asked him.

"Uh- yeah! Yeah I'm totally fine." He crossed his arms, and looked at me as if I were stupid.

He was acting unusual. "Is that your house?" He suddenly asked. I didn't see that question coming.

"Mhm, it is." I plainly replied.

He observed my house, before turning his eyes back to me,

"Have you told Camilo, what you told me yesterday?" What's with those random questions?

"No, of course not?" Now I was the one looking at him, like he was stupid.

"Alright, just asking." He defensively said. There was an awkward silence. I didn't know what to say.

"Uh.. do you wanna hang out at my house maybe?" I asked to get rid of the awkwardness.

"Sure." He quickly said.

I started showing him around the house. I lastly showed him my room,

"And this is my room!" He observed, what to him was, new surroundings.

He spotted some of my books I had on my shelf. "You read?" He asked. I nodded, "I love to read!" He walked towards the books, and read the titles of them. I just stood there awkwardly, knowing that most of these books were love stories..

"What are these-" before he got to finish, his eyes widened. "Oh." Was all he could say.

"Calm down, they're just simple love stories." I said and rolled my eyes.

That boy was surely dramatic. "Are you sure they don't have any... you know.." I looked at him confused.
What did he mean? Then I realized what he meant,

"You don't think I'm reading smut, do you?" I knew damn well he thought I did, but it was fun to ask.

"Uh- well, they're love stories so maybe-" I bursted out laughing.

"Carlos, love doesn't necessarily mean innapropriate stuff!" He hid his face in his hands in embarrassment. It was kinda cute... I giggled. It was the first time I'd ever seen him embarrassed.

"I don't know what loving someone is supposed to feel like, remember?!" He said with his face still buried hands. He let out an embarrassed chuckle.

I couldn't help but smile. He was so adorable, when he showed a more vulnerable side of him.

"Oh I remember, Carlos. I guess I can't blame you for that then." I sat down on my bed.

"Y/n?..." I looked up at him, curiously.
"Yeah?" I answered as I patted the place next to me, signaling for him to come and sit next to me on the bed. He slowly sat down next to me. He looked hesitant before continuing,

"Can you explain what love feels like?" He avoided making eye contact with me. I felt bad for him. It's like he was longing to fill his empty heart.

"... Carlos I told you it feels-"
"It feels different to each person, I know.." He said before I got to finish my sentence.

"But, can you at least tell me what you felt, when you fell for Camilo?" He said quietly. This wasn't something he usually wanted to talk about. Well, not when it was about him.

"I just loved the way he treated me. It felt good. I realized, that I started to love hanging out with him."
I started staring into the nothingness.

"Everytime I saw him, my face lit up." Carlos turned his head, and looked at me. I didn't notice it. Just kept on staring.

"I noticed, that I started to love the way he looked, and acted. Just everything about him. I really admired him.. and of course I still do!"

I wondered if Carlos was still listening. Maybe I was talking too much, but when I looked at him, he already had his gaze on me. That was one of the rare times we had made eye contact.

I started feeling hot. I was nervous, and I don't know why. I've talked to Carlos enough times, for me not to feel like this.

"I think I'm in love." He suddenly said.