foreword

v4 - the final version

It is now 2023, which means His Second Chance has been a work in progress for about 10 years. I started this story at the end of eighth grade, and I continued posting a couple years into high school.

Somewhere along the way, I lost the motivation to write His Second Chance. For a while, it was not for a lack of trying. The current version as you know it is actually my fourth attempt/version. While I tried to finish this story many times before, life kept getting in the way. As a result, I did not write much (if at all) from the latter half of my high school years up until the pandemic.

I started writing again in 2020.

At the time, my motivation for returning to writing was to complete a story. It didn't matter what story. I just wanted to have completed one.

With this goal in mind, I felt like too much time had passed to come back to this account and my stories here. That is why I created a second account, plotdevices, where I was able to complete my Werewolf novel, Beyond the Border (although it did take two years to finally finish it). In completing that story, I knew one day I'd eventually want to come back to my first original story, His Second Chance.

After roughly 10 years of on and off work on this novel, I can finally say I have completed His Second Chance (sort of, I still need to edit many of the chapters). While the story may not look like it once did (especially if compared to the first version), I am happy with where it is at today.

When I came back to work on His Second Chance, I had 10 chapters already written and posted. Unfortunately, I did not outline where I planned to take the story beyond these 10 chapters. But, moreover, when I read through those chapters, I knew even if I did have an outline, some changes would still need to be made.

It had been around 6 years since I had last written a word for His Second Chance and my writing style had changed a lot in that time. Because of this, some of the 10 already written chapters have been changed. I tried to stay true to what I had already written, but, in order to move forward with my current writing, changes were made.

With that being said, I will be posting one chapter every week until I have posted all 37 chapters, so there will be no worry about whether or not I will complete this story this time.

And with that, I want to thank anyone who is reading this. If you're a first time reader or a returning one, thank you for giving this story a chance. I hope you like it. If you're interested in any more stories from me, go check out my other account, plotdevices, where all my future stories will be posted. 

- elle