~18~

(t/w: slight hints towards sexual assault but nothing in heavy detail. Putting the warning just in case.)

Namjoon's pov

     After the fight ended, the six of us ended up near the long black marble bar that was on the far side of the place. Jimin and Yoongi were both leaning against it, talking to the bartender and throwing back a few shots. He always gave us free rounds, and I still haven't figured out if it was out of intimidation or respect.

       Hoseok and Taehyung were talking to some other men that I didn't recognize, no doubt it had something to do with their respective businesses though, since they were sporting fake but polite smiles.

      Jin was sipping a glass of what looked like champagne while leaning on the edge of the bar, people watching. He wasn't much for social situations, and I didn't blame him. Right now, I just wanted to go home too. The low whitenoise of everyone in the bar talking and shouting at once was starting to make my ears ring.

       I checked my watch, and found myself frowning. It had been a while since Ava had gone to the back where Jungkook was. Come to think of it, he hadn't come out yet either. He usually doesn't take this long to shower and change. I felt hairs suddenly stand up on the back of my neck. I tried to reassure myself that it was nothing, that I was just being paranoid, but it didn't work.

       Jin and I made eye contact and I motioned to him that I was heading to the back. After a moment of processing, he downed the rest of his drink, placed it on the bar and came over to where I was.

      "What's up?" He asked. "I have a funny feeling. Come with me." I told him, and he nodded without a second thought. I felt Taehyung and Jimin's lingering gazes as we began to move through the crowd towards the back of the bar where the locker rooms were. I opened the door leading to the back with a slow, metal creak.

       Down the hall, I saw a glimpse of that Skull guy with fresh bandages around his head, and some other man who was much shorter than him walk into the last changing room on the right. I don't know why, but the way they were walking...they looked eager about something. It made me feel uneasy.

       Another door opened to the left, and Jungkook with a damp head walked out, a small towel around his neck. There's one. I thought. He looked surprised to see me and Jin standing there. "Hey Jungkook, are you alright?" I asked.

       He blinked at me with his doe like eyes. I still saw him as a kid sometimes, I just couldn't help it. "Um..yeah? Sorry, did I take too long?" He asked, and I shook my head, even though Jin was about to say something behind me to tease him. "It's fine. Do you know where Ava is? She never came back out to us." I said, and Jungkook froze.

      What was truly puzzling me was why he looked guilty all of a sudden. "Oh...I'm not sure, she left a while ago..I just got out of the shower." He answered.

      Did she try to escape? Is she on the run right now? Shit. "Maybe those other guys have seen her." Jin suggested behind me, sounding not too thrilled about having to interact with them. I was debating it over in my head, trying not to think about the fact that if we couldn't find her here I would have to flip the whole damn city upside down.

      I heard screaming coming from the room where Skull and the other man had walked into. It sounded angry, desperate, and just like Ava.

       I bolted for the door and I felt Jin and Jungkook right on my heels. I burst through the door with my gun drawn. Skull had Ava in a chokehold, holding her suspended in the air against the wall. The other guy had his arms crossed and casually turned to us. He had a mustache that was borderline obnoxious that reminded me of an old time wild west character.