~20~

"So, are you going to tell me what happened?" I blinked back into reality, not even realizing I had zoned out thinking about Jimin's lips again. Hoseok was leaning over the kitchen island, the only thing separating the two of us, munching on an apple and looking at me in either anticipation or suspicion. Maybe both.

       "And don't say nothing," He pointed at me with the apple as a crease appeared between his brows, "Between the two of you, it's painfully obvious something did happen. So just come out with it."

       The loud crunching sound that the apple made when his teeth dug into it only made me more on edge, and I knew that there was no use pretending. He was right about it being obvious. I was avoiding Jimin like the plague for the past couple of days, and according to Hoseok, Jimin was smiling a lot more with a little bounce in his step than usual.

"It's just...we..uh..he..." I had never known to stutter over my words that much, and it irritated me that I could feel the blush on my face. It's not something I'm used to talking about. Hoseok's unwavering glare towards me made me feel a sort of pressure. I tried keeping eye contact but I chose to trace the intricate patterns on the marble countertop instead. "We sort of...almost...kissed."

I pretty much whispered the last word, even though I felt like I had yelled it across the whole house. When I had the courage to glance at Hoseok again, he didn't look all that surprised, which surprised me. "Huh. Wow. So he wasn't lying then." I looked at him in disbelief.

       "What? He..he told you?"

Hobi nodded, "Of course he did. There aren't any secrets in this house, angel. You'd do well to remember that." Now that, I found hard to believe. Everyone had their secrets. Hobi sighed, "Anyway, I don't really care. In fact, I would go as far to say I was a little jealous. What I really want to know though, is if you actually feel something for him. Or, are you just playing a sick game?" He asked me, staring into my soul. The word "jealous" reverberated in my head.

       I tried to think of a way to defend myself from the accusation, but Hoseok took my silence as an answer and he chuckled, making me frown. "Well, out of all of us to try and play for a fool, you truly picked the wrong one. That's all I'll say." He said, tossing the apple core in the trash.

        "No, what are you saying?" I asked, and before he could answer, a loud bang erupted making us both jolt our head towards it. It sounded like the front door had bursted open, and we heard slow, shuffling footsteps.

       Hoseok and I glanced at each other, the sudden tension that had been building between us was gone, and was replaced with mutual confusion. We heard groaning as the footsteps came closer and Hoseok lowered his hand behind him, which I assume was where he was keeping a gun. Oddly enough, it made me feel safer.

       "What the fuck?" I heard Taehyung's deep voice exclaim from the hallway, and heard what I assumed was his hurried footsteps. How long had he been there? Then I heard Jin's voice. "I need....a kit...augh...quick..." he said mixed with what sounded like painful grunts. Then when they both entered the kitchen I understood why.

        He was completely covered in blood from the chest down, and his bloodied hand over his stomach only made it more obvious that he was seriously hurt. One of his arms was wrapped around Taehyung's shoulders as he helped Jin walk, more like stumble into the kitchen. "Jesus, what the fuck happened to you?" Hoseok asked, with a crease in between his eyebrows.

        "Later. Need to be...stitched...god damn that hurts..." Jin frowned as he looked down at his wound. Taehyung leaned him against the kitchen table, and when he turned towards Hoseok, I could tell Jin was putting on a brave face. The wound looked deep, and deadly. I found myself staring at it even more, and a strange wave of worry washed over me. "Don't worry...only a flesh wound."