~10~

Jimin

Hearing the soft creaking sound of the garage door opening made me roll out from under the car I was working on with haste. I couldn't fight the grin that was forming on my face as I knew from the motorcycle engine, it was the unconventional pair that was returning first out of the bunch that were still out.

Jin and I had finished with our assigned task long ago, and Namjoon had returned on his own to finish up tasks on his own. I had been tinkering away down here in the meantime.

The motorcycle rolled in almost in a rush, and when I saw Jungkook's face, I knew. Ava was getting to him. I leaned against Freya, one of my oldest and longest running beauties, crossed my arms and watched the show.

As soon as the humming of the motorcycle ceased, Jungkook dismounted it and started towards the door. Ava took off the bulky helmet in a rush, and tried to catch up to him.

I raised a brow as I noticed she had dried blood all over her front side. Like she had taken a big paintbrush and just smeared it all over. "What, are you mad because I made your job easier? How big is your ego anyway?"

The thing with Jungkook was, he liked to get things done on his own. He did have a big ego. And rightfully so, with him being good at almost everything, but he never wanted to brag and never had to, since his reputation spoke for him. And god help the unlucky soul that ever questions or threatens that. Even though he was perfectly capable of being a softie, we were the only ones who saw even a sliver of that.

He was trying to make a rather dramatic exit but she wasn't letting him. "What's with the silent treatment?" I was just waiting for Jungkook to turn around and clock her. Don't get me wrong, Jungkook's not the type to hit a woman, but by the look on his face, I was just waiting for some sort of altercation.

He turned to her, and I found myself holding my breath. I wish I had a snack for the free show that was in front of me. He looked at her, right in the eyes, and even she looked a little startled at the intense eye contact. I saw his eyes travel to the blood all over her and then...

Oh?

I giggled silently to myself. He glanced at her lips...if only for less than the shortest second. I wondered if she noticed it too. Interesting. Very, very interesting. Without another word, he stormed off to the elevator, and she didn't follow. I knew exactly where he was going. He didn't hit her, so he needed to hit something else.

I heard the elevator ding, and I chuckled, knowing I was right. "You really made him mad, little bird." I said to her. She turned quickly, looking a little shocked. I guess she didn't know I was there either.

"Where the hell did you come from?" She asked, and I grinned. I looked around playfully, "Me? You're the one in my domain here." She stayed silent.

"I assume your assignment went well?" I said, cautiously moving closer. She looked at me, then down at her blood stained clothes. "Yeah I would say so, but he wouldn't agree I guess." She huffed, and rolled her eyes. "So you killed the guy?" I probed, wanting to know more.

"Well yeah, he grabbed me and tried to-" she closed her eyes and paused. I didn't miss the way her arms developed goosebumps. I knew what he tried to do. I felt a rush of rage, if only for a moment. "It was self defense. That's all you need to know." She muttered, avoiding my eyes.

She turned to leave, and I stepped in front of her, without thinking much of it. I wasn't done talking to her yet. She fascinated me so much I couldn't stop myself. Her eyes pierced into me, "Can I help you?" She asked, clearly annoyed.