Just Fucking Run

Leon pushes open another metal gate, "So much metal..." You mumble as you follow behind him, Ashley coming after you before she screams. Leon quickly turns and stabs the huge giant of a man's arm. He let's Ashley go throwing Leon backwards, and you grab Ashley pulling her away from the man before looking at Leon who's standing with a grunt.

"RUN!" Leon yells as he starts booking it up the hill, you and Ashley hot on his heels. Dodging the crazy villagers not looking back at the giant man, you guys run towards a wooden bridge.

Rushing across Ashley stops suddenly, "Shit I'm stuck!" She screams. Leon swears as he shoots a man, the guy falling, breaking some of the rickity bridge. With a yank you and Ashley pull her foot out, "she's good! "

Leon turns, "Then run!" Ashley hurries across and you and Leon jump onto the other side as the bridge fully breaks, falling into the chasm below.

"That was close. " Leon huffs before standing, helping you and Ashley up. He looks across at the huge guy staring at us. You shudder slightly at his stare. "Listen, you're the one he wants, next time we see him, you two run. Got it?" Leon looks at both of you sternly. You glance at Ashley.

"What about you!?" Ashley fiddles with her fingers biting her lip. You look back at Leon.

"I'll do my job." He says with a frown. Giving her a look before staring you down.

You nod slowly and sigh. "Don't worry about us Leon. We'll run. You've got nine lives, like a cat, you'll always land on your feet." Leon let's a small smile grace his lips at that before starting to walk away.

"Come on, we need to find a more secure spot." You and Ashley follow.

°°°°°

"Another crumbling house, in a crumbling society." You say from behind Ashley, she wasn't getting grabbed again, not on your watch.

Ashley nods, "Very philosophical."

Leon grunts from ahead of you guys, "Come on you two psychologists." You smile to yourself as you enter the new structure.

Leon starts across the walkway, having entered on the top level, before something bashes through the wall throwing him across the house and down below. It follows him down, it's the giant man again. He turns and looks straight at you and Ashley. Leon shoots at him making the man turn.

"Cease your pointless struggling. Abandon your body to the will of our God!" He booms out.

You look towards Leon as he shoots again, "You're a shitty missionary you know that?"

"Oh Almighty grant me the strength to crush your enemies." The man says picking up his hat that was knocked off.

You grasp Ashley's arm. "If he wasn't scary, I'd be disgusted."

You see Leon mumble something before grabbing a barrel. "Ashley, Y/N, run!"

This time Ashley grabs you and gasps out, "Ok be careful!" Before pulling you out of the house.

"We can't just-" you look back as the house goes up in flames. "Shit!" Ashley squeezes her eyes shut.

"He's going to be fine, let's find a way down to get him out. Like last time." You nod to her as you both look around. Finding a small path you head down to the lower part of the cliff where the base level starts.