Watch out for Traps

Following Leon we continue forward. Squinting I see a purple flame ahead, "Um... Guys?" You point it out, Ashley and Leon looking towards the light.

"Oh perfect!" Leon nods and walks a little faster towards the light.

"Leon!" Ashley and you hiss following after the man who looks like he just found Santa Claus.

"Hello Strangers!" Some male voice says with a cackle afterwards, "In need of some gear?" As you get closer you see a man covered in a long black trenchcoat and a mask covering the lower half of his face.

Leon nods and starts trading with the man, getting his gear upgraded and repaired while also grabbing some more ammo. "Thanks." Leon nods after wards to the man.

"Come back anytime!" He laughs that weird cackle again as Leon beckons you guys onwards. Before following however you walk over to the man.

"Got any extra knives I could have?" You take off a silver bracelet you found earlier and put on. "I can trade it for this..." You think the man smiles before digging around in a trunk beside him.

He pulls out a white combat knife with a black sheath. "Pleasure doing business with ya!" You nod quickly to him before taking the knife and attaching it to your waistband. Catching up with the others who were watching you.

"I know how to use it." You give Leon a look who's staring at you like he doesn't believe it.

Ashley nods, "She really does. Y/N took a knife course of some such for a few years after," she pauses looking at you with a frown before looking back at Leon. "Well after this thing happened and she wanted to defend herself..."

You nod quickly, "I'm nowhere near as good as you but in a pinch I can use this, while you fight the rest off... Okay?"

Leon studies your for a minute, "Would you mind showing me? I wanna assess your skill." He walks to a more open space and waves you over. Rolling your eyes while looking at Ashley you walk over. She smiles at you before following and sitting on a barrel nearby.

With a sigh you take out your new possession and twirl the knife, it's probably for the best because you're not used to this knife, you have a similar one at home that's smaller but you can't bring it to school. It's a little heavier then you're used to but not hinderingly so. Getting into a defensive position with your knife in hand Leon assesses your pose.

With a slight nod he walks around you, "Alright I'll admit you have a strong pose." He gets in front of you and holds his hands up, "now strike me."

You give him a bored look but roll your eyes and strike like you were taught. He easily dodges. Going back and forth you continue striking and slashing as Leon dodges. Finally he stands back with a nod, breathing heavily you straighten up.

"Alright, I accept. You're pretty good. Could use some work but maybe when we get out of here. For now, aim for the neck and up." He smiles at you.

Blushing at the praise you smile back and look over at Ashley who's clapping with a smile, "Now I have two bodyguards."

You laugh rolling your eyes, "Whatever you say, goes, Princess." You say to her.

Leon chuckles, " Let's get going then, Your Highness." He winks at her and you sheath the knife with a chuckle as Ashley hop's down from the barrel. Leon breaks it after wards and finds some ammo in it. Huh convenient.