A Game of Retaliation by NixieYume

[ SONG ] Wake Up Call

[ ARTIST ] Maroon 5

[ TEAM ] Ken

[ WATTPAD WORD COUNT ] 2,161 words

A ray of light momentarily blinded him when he slowly opened his eyes. Blinking, he let a few seconds pass as he waited for his eyes to adjust. Taking a deep breath, he was assaulted by smells that was entirely different from what he used to waking up to; but a smile graced his lips when he felt a soft and warm body moving slightly beside him, under the silken sheets. He sighed as he turned his head and looked at the woman curled beside him. The stream of light that came from the gaps from the window made her copper hair blaze as it framed her delicate face and accentuated her pearly, white skin. He sighed as his eyes travelled down her body that was hardly concealed by the sheets, and he remembered all too well how soft and enticing her skin was underneath him last night. He remembered her soft cries and moans of pleasure as she desperately clung unto him, and those memories left him hot and wanting for more.

She stirred beside him and slowly opened her eyes. Her hazel eyes found his golden ones and she graced him with a breathtaking smile. He started to smile at her but something inside of him tugged and he faltered. Her soft touch on his face seemed wrongs as a flash of brown hair invaded his mind. He reared back from her touch and quickly took the silk blanket from his body to stand up.

"What is it, my lord?"

He quickly donned on his clothing and threw an apologetic smile at her.

"My apologies, but I just remembered that I have to be somewhere in an hour." He leaned down and placed a chaste kiss on her forehead before smiling at her again. "Thank you for the wonderful night. You were amazing."

"Will I see you again?" He was reluctant to erase the hopeful shine on her face but he could not give what she asked.

"I'm sorry, but this is the only time."

He gave her a fleeting smile before turning and heading towards the door. He went out of the house quietly, like how he entered it last night. His footsteps were so light that it was unheard even in the midst of silence that enveloped the house. Outside, people bustled in the early morning doing their chores. He got curious stares as he passed by them, but he ignored them all as he hurried out of that alley, almost colliding with a crazy, homeless man spewing undecipherable words at everybody. He wrinkled his nose at the smell and sight of the insane man as he sidestepped him and hurried to an empty corner.

The air around him sizzle and small bolts of lightning flicker as he shed his mortal glamour to give way to his true form. He did a quick sweep at his back, ensuring that no mortal has witnessed his transformation before he summoned a bolt of lightning from the skies.

Elegance greeted his eyes as he materialized inside the familiar room with its golden interior, antique furniture and gold, silken sheets. It was impressively huge, but the cold and the silence that hang in the air were unbearable. He pivoted on his heels and thundered on the halls of his dwelling, looking for any sign of presence of a living creature.