Twenty-Four

Genevieve's POV

George was trying to examine Grandma, but she was constantly moving away from him.

"Um...if you could just hold still." George tells Grandma who shrugs out of his grasp and grabs the chart out of his hands.

"I'm in the middle of my work day Thatch." Grandma tells George who raised an eyebrow at her.

"Thatch? No, I'm Dr. O'Malley. I just need to check your vitals." George tells Grandma.

"Grandma, this my best friend George and he is looking after you while you are here in the hospital. Can you please let him check your vitals?"

"Fine." Grandma says before letting George examine her.

"Do you um... who's Thatch?" George asks me, referring to Mama's father Thatcher Grey. Mama explained everything to me about her father a while ago because I asked about her family.

"Mama's daddy. She probably thinks you look like him."

"I don't look like him! Do I?" George asked me and I shrugged.

"I have never met him." George finished up the examination and leaves Grandma's hospital room.

"Are you a doctor Genevieve?" Grandma asked me.

"No. I never did really well in school, no matter how hard I tried. I almost did not graduate high school." Derek entered the room and Grandma throws a glass in his direction, unfortunately it hits my left cheek.

"Get away from me you insipid little man." Grandma yelled before throwing a vase in his direction but it hits my forehead, causing me black out.

                                    *********************

Addison's POV

"Are you a fucking moron Dr. Shepherd?!" Dr. Bailey was stitching up Genevieve's face and forehead. Thank God George came back on time!

"I'm not a moron! This retard is! Yet Ellis Grey likes her!" Derek shouts in response, causing Dr. Bailey to glare at him.

"Dr. Ellis Grey likes Genevieve because she's kind and helpful. She's not an egotistical ass like you Dr. Shepherd!" Dr. Bailey defended my daughter and Derek glares at her.

"I'm your boss Miranda!" Derek tells Dr. Bailey.

"Richard is yours and won't like it when I inform him about how you are treating Genevieve. He has a soft spot for her and will literally kick your ass." Meredith entered the hospital room and gave Genevieve a sad glance.

"My mother's beating herself up about hurting Genevieve. She wants to let her know that she's sorry." Meredith said, causing Derek to leave the room.

"Genevieve won't be angry with Ellis. She's probably going to be concerned about her wellbeing."

"That's definitely true." Meredith says with a smile on her face.