Eleven

Addison's POV

"Do you remember Mark and Amelia?" I asked Genevieve while we stood in the elevator, heading to the orthopaedic surgical department. My best friend Dr. Mark Sloan and my former sister in-law/surrogate sister Dr. Amelia Shepherd were coming to visit us next week. They both heart about what Derek did to Genevieve and were disowned by the rest of the Shepherd family because they took Genevieve's side.

"Yes I remember them Mommy. Are they coming? Can we visit Tommy after?" Genevieve excitedly asked me.

"Yes they're coming next week to visit us and you can visit him while I talk to Dr. Webber." We arrived at the orthopaedic surgical department and walked to Dr. Calliope Torres office. Genevieve hasn't met Callie yet as she was operated on while unconscious.

"Hi Addison. You must be Genevieve. I'm Calliope Torres but everyone calls me Callie." Callie said to us when we entered her office and took our seats.

"Hi Callie. It is nice to meet you." Genevieve says with a smile before Callie starts to examine her arms.

"The bones are healed but I'd like to put you in splints for a couple more weeks. Is that alright with you Genevieve?" Callie asks Genevieve, who nodded with a smile.

"Okay that's great. Why don't you go sit on the examination table?" Callie tells Genevieve who does what's asked of her.

"Thanks for being kind to Genevieve. These past few months haven't been the best, actually her entire life hasn't been the best."

"Genevieve's a good patient. You know how many times I've had someone kick me because they didn't like their outcome?" Callie says before grabbing her saw and headphones.

"More than you think." I responded before walking over to Genevieve and take the headphones off Callie.

"It's going to be loud. So I'm going to put these on you."

"Is it possible to get lavender or baby blue splints?" Genevieve asks Callie, referring to her favourite colours.

"I have both. How about one of each?" Callie suggested to Genevieve.

"Thank you Callie." Genevieve says before I put the headphones on her head and Callie gets to work.

**************

Genevieve's POV

"Nice splint colours." Eileen tells me with a smile when I entered Tommy's room.

"Thank you. They are my favourite colours. Hi there superman." I tell both Eileen and Tommy.

"Thank you for giving me your bone marrow Miss Ginny." Tommy says before I hugged him gently.

"You are welcome Tommy. How are you responding to it?"

"Dr. Swender says he's responding to it really well. If it continues to be that way, Tommy will be seen as an outpatient." Eileen says, referring to Dr. Rebecca Swender, the head oncologist here.

"I am glad. I promise to come visit tomorrow but I was asked to visit with another patient."

"That's alright dear. You come when you can." Eileen says before hugging me and I hugged her back.

"Bye Miss Ginny." Tommy says when I pulled out of the hug.

"Bye superman." I responded with a smile before leaving the room and headed towards Annie Connors' room.

"Genevieve, can I please have a quick moment?" George calls from behind me and I turned my head to face him.

"Okay."

"I'm really sorry for what happened at the party. I shouldn't have kissed you without your consent. Yeah I was drunk, but that doesn't excuse what I did. I hope that you can forgive me when you're ready." George apologized with tears in his eyes.

"When my foster parents and foster brothers would be drunk or do drugs, their abuse would be worse. That is why I pushed you away that night, because I was scared you would hurt me. George, I like you but not in that way because I do not like people in romantic ways."

"I'm really sorry Genevieve. I would like to be your friend if you're still willing. I know I have a long way to gain your trust back, but I'm willing to do the work." George responded.

"You are the only person that has ever apologized to me for kissing me. So yes we can be friends again, but please do not get that drunk around me again. Now you should tell Mommy and Mama that, just so they stop being mean to you. I have to go now." I say before leaving George and walked to Annie Connors' room.

************

Meredith's POV

"Excuse me? Do you know where I can find Dr. Webber's office?" A woman with blonde hair and green eyes asked me.

"Just go up these stairs and it's the first door on your right." The woman clasped her hands together with a small smile on her face.

"Thank you dear. I'm Eileen Davis." Eileen says, causing my eyes to light up in recognition.

"Tommy's mother. I'm Dr. Meredith Grey."

"Oh one of Genevieve's mothers. Please don't tell her this yet, but my husband and I want to nominate her for the Harper Avery Award. She deserves it for all her work here." Eileen says and I nodded in agreement.

"What?! That retard doesn't deserve anything! She doesn't save lives! She's not even a doctor!" Derek yells at Eileen, who glared at him.

"Genevieve doesn't need a fancy degree to save lives! Before we met Genevieve, Tommy was depressed and ready to die because of his leukaemia diagnosis. But Genevieve would read, play with him and most importantly listened to Tommy. She never invalidated his feelings, but made sure he was heard! Genevieve may be autistic but she's a better person than you are Dr. Shepherd!" Eileen says before giving me a hug and walked away.

"Other mother?!" Derek yells when Addison runs towards us and grabs my hand.

"Yes Dr. Shepherd. Genevieve is my daughter with Addison and we're dating." Derek's eyes narrowed in anger and I glared at him.

"So you're both dykes now?" Derek asks us.

"The term is bisexual Derek. Get over yourself." Addison says while running her thumb across my knuckles.

"Genevieve is getting nominated for a Harper Avery Award by Tommy's mother and Derek's jealous." Derek storms off and I give Addison a smile.

"Thanks. He's getting unbearable. Also Eileen doesn't want Genevieve to know about this quite yet."

"Of course I'll keep it a secret for now. Meredith, would you like to move in with us?" Addison asked me and I nodded before kissing her lips. Addison doesn't treat me as Ellis' daughter or a broken human. She treats me like a treasure and I'm never going to let her go.

"I would love to move in with you. I love you Addison."

"I love you too Meredith." Addison replied before we share a kiss.