23

(fluff chapter⁉️)

POV: Kyle

Craig and i walk down the empty hallway, talking as we wait for the bell to ring, and signal to the start of lunchtime.

as if on queue, it rings aloud in the school, filling my ears.

kids start pouring out of the classrooms, chattering loudly and some running to the cafeteria in order to be the first in the lines.

"H-hey Craig!" the familiar voice of a certain blonde calls out, and the jittery boy approaches Craig and i.

"Hi honey," Craig responds, a smile on his face.

i giggle slightly, earning a confused look from the pair, before i walk backwards and away from them, smirking. romantic alone time, i confirm.

i look around at the people around me as i search for Stan.

Kenny and Butters stand, leaning against the lockers and in deep conversation. Bebe and Clyde whisper to eachother, sharing pictures on their phones. Tolkien, Jimmy and Wendy peek over their shoulders, involving themselves in the other two's business.

Stan calls out to me, waving, before pausing in a confused stance.

"Hey Stan," i smile, approaching him.

"Hi... what's with the.. uh.. that?" he asks cautiously, a suspicious look on his face.

"Oh, this?" i look down at the arrangement of flowers winding around my neck. "This is my.. hawaii necklace thing. With the flowers. Y'know, those things."

i do a small twirl, and Stan tilts his head in amused confusion.

"Right..." he responds, still seeming intrigued.

"I think I look awesome in it," i grin, and Stan just rolls his eyes.

"Whatever you say," the boy rolls his eyes as he speaks sarcastically, before starting to walk off towards the cafeteria.

i rush along beside him, standing by his side.

how do i flirt? or make a move? do i just...

i glance down at his side - his hand hanging loosely by his hips.

...i could. can i?

after a few moments of debating whether i should take his hand or not, he suddenly stops, causing me to stumble back a bit and look back up - we had already made it to the cafeteria lunch line.

"I wonder what's on the menu." Stan says casually, unaware to my awkwardness.

"Hm, yeah."

how do i flirt how do i flirt how do i flirt

i turn to completely face Stan, a nervous smile
plastered on my face. "Wanna eat together?" i suggest.

"Don't we always?" he returns the smile, and i allow my heart to flutter at his grin.

"Well, yeah, but I meant... just us." embarrassing.

"Oh!" he pauses for a moment, looking away, before he faces me again and speaks up. "Sure."

my eyes light up in excitement, and i can't help but hold my own arm back to stop myself from just hugging him right there.

i really like him.

a lot.

we both collect some lunch, then head to the library together, talking quietly and smiling as we eat our lunches.

i talk to him as usual, too afraid to make a move yet. yet. for now, we're just enjoying the taciturnity of the public library.

but maybe it's time i make a move.

Craig did suggest it would be smart.

but just the mere thought of getting flirty and hinting with Stan made my veins feel electric, and i couldn't tell if it was a good feeling or not.

i get up from my seat infront of the boy, and i go to sit next to him, not making a word as i do so.

he looks at me blankly as i do so, a slight tinge of confusion on his face, but he's quick to shrug it off, and continue talking. i continue happily listening, a smile on my face as i sit close by Stan's side.

maybe if i make conversation about something?

i could say i'm cold, then he could give me his jacket... no, it's june.

maybe if i say i'm tired, then lean on him to «sleep», he could get flustered, then fall deep in thought and realise if he likes me?

what if i'm wrong? if Craig's wrong, and he never loved me? i could be making a move on a guy that would never admit feelings that weren't even there in the first place.

maybe the kiss was a mistake.

"Kyle? You okay?"

i look up, refocusing. "Hm? Yeah, sorry, just lost in thought." i respond, giving a weak laugh and awkward smile. i'm hopeless.

"You look really pale.. what were you thinking about?" Stan asks me, tilting his head and looking at me with concern.

"No, it's fine, it's nothing. It's stupid." i say, turning away slightly and shrugging.

"It can't be nothing if it's making you worry, Ky." he speaks, placing a hand on my own, clenched uncomfortably on the table infront.

i unclench my fist, but Stan keeps his hand rested on my own.

"Sorry," i apologise. i'm not even entirely sure what for.

i'm sorry for loving you, i guess.

"It's alright, please don't apologise." he smiles reassuringly at me, and i take this as my opportunity.

my one and only open chance.

i lean forward, wrapping my arms around Stans shoulders and pulling him in for a tight hug. this sudden action takes him by surprise, but he's quick to hug back.

"Honestly, it's fine. Also - this is sudden," he laughs slightly nervously, arms holding my back as i refuse to pull away until seconds later.

"I know, I just missed you," i respond, looking away with a shy smile on my face and light blush dusting my cheeks.

"We saw eachother earlier," he adds, observing my back-turned head.

"Yeah, but.. not like this. In a way I can, just, I don't know. Spend time with you, just you." i don't even think before i speak, just letting my emotions and feelings doing the talking.

Stan looks at me in slight surprise, before a wide-spread grin appears on his face.

he goes back in to hug me, and i happily hug back, closing my eyes and enjoying the proximity between us.

it's nice, being so close to him. in this calm, taciturn library.

(ignore any mistakes in the writing, it's 1am and icba to reread and edit this chapter💀.)

[1050 words]