7

POV: Kyle

friday arrived quickly. it went the same as every other day of the week, except the coughing and vomiting was more.. often.

i wait at the bus stop with Kenny, Cartman and Stan. i can tell something's up with Stan. he seems more quiet, and like he's worried about something. i hope he's okay.

when the bus arrives, me and Stan go straight to the back, where we both sit together by the window. we stay in silence, i'm not sure why. but it's a comfortable silence. it's peaceful.

"Hey Kyle?" he mumbles. i look to my right where he sits, and lean my arm against the small ledge of the bus window.

"Yeah?"

"You'd tell me if something was.. wrong.. wouldn't you?"

i felt surprised he was asking me this so suddenly, and he could tell i was shocked by my expression.

"Yeah, I'd tell you anything I'm able to." i mean i wasn't lying. i wish i could tell Stan about my.. hanahaki disease. but i can't, because then he'd find out my feelings, or atleast pester me until i confessed it was him.

"Then.. what are you hiding?"

"Hm-?" my voice squeaks slightly in the shock of the question.

"You and Kenny. Theres something you're not telling us, and I think I know what it is."

my heart drops.

"What? What do you mean?" i try to steady my voice, but Stan seems unconvinced by my response.

"Are you guys... like..." he raises an eyebrow at me and giving me a 'knowing' look. i tilt my head in confusion, feeling the awkwardness in the air.

"Are we what?" i ask nervously.

he pauses for a moment, finding the words to use. "Like.. you know.. together?"

i choke on the air.

"Together-!?" i repeat, a little too loudly, as the people on the bus turn to face us in annoyed confusion, then turning back away.

"Yeah.. you guys just seem really, well, close. So, are you dating Kenny?"

"No, Stan, I'm not dating Kenny. And that's something I never thought I'd ever have to clarify to anyone." i say sarcastically, grinning at his slight stupidity.

"Sorry."

"It's fine."

"So what are you hiding?" he raises an eyebrow again and i sigh.

"Nothing. Why?"

"You seemed panicked when I first asked you something like that. So what is it? You can tell me, I'm your best friend, I'll never judge you-"

the bus halts sharply to a stop, making me relieved to have avoided this conversation.

i smile awkwardly to Stan. "Well, we're at school. Tell you later, maybe." my smile widens as i get up and wait to leave the bus. Stan just sighs, and stands up with me.

-

we make it to class on time. i sit in a seat next to Stan, and Kenny sits a row behind us in the middle.

it's a history lesson, and Mr Garrison is rambling on about some weird way to explain WW2.

"And then that man with the ugly ass moustache got all his retarded disciples to burn down those weird Jewish ghetto things they were blocked into, and those Jews fought back or something, with- with the smuggled shit." he continues twistedly explaining as i sit, somewhat focusing in the class.

but then suddenly, i feel the tingling in my chest. the tingling turns into burning pain, and i feel myself start to cough. but it's different. it feels different.

Stan looks over to me, confused as he raises an eyebrow at my dying. i raise my hand suddenly, and Mr Garrison looks over at me with a similar expression.

"Yes Kyle, you can step outside.. maybe see a nurse too, jeez." Mr Garrison says as i choke.

i quickly get up, struggling to breathe as the class whisper in concern about me. embarrassing much.

i run slightly to get out of the room and to a bathroom or something so i can peacefully continue to die.

-

POV: Stan (wow cool pov change mid chapter!?)

i watch in confusion as Kyle starts to cough. i look to him, raising an eyebrow as if to ask if he's okay.

he raises his hand too suddenly, and i feel concern wash over me.

"Yes Kyle, you can step outside.. maybe see a nurse too, jeez." Mr Garrison says, making me cringe at his insensitive response.

Kyle runs out the room as the rest of the class whisper to eachother.

i stand at my desk, aiming to follow him, and be there for him while he's in pain, but i feel a hand push my shoulder back down, and i stumble into my seat.

Kenny walks past after Kyle, having pushed me back down as a clear sign of him telling me to stay put and leave Kyle with him.

it pisses me off.

those two are obviously hiding something, it's obvious now that Kenny raced after a choking Kyle in the middle of class and the teacher didn't even bat an eye.

i have to figure this out. somehow, someway.

and if they don't tell me, i'll just figure it out myself.

[856 words]