29

why is there deodorant lore in my comment section

POV: Kenny

"Oh my god, how do you always fuck this up?" i sigh, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"I'm sorry, I just... I don't know." Stan shrugs in response, looking down in guilt.

i re-met with Stan by Stark's Pond, and he had told me everything that had happened in the hospital.

"I can talk to him when he comes back to school." the noirette then says.

i look over at him, crossing my arms. "Seriously?"

"Yeah, he gets discharged in a few days."

groaning, i lean back into the bench we sit on, looking over the shimmering surface of the pond infront.

"Look," i begin, closing my eyes. "if you love Kyle, and Kyle loves you, you're only going to lose him by delaying this."

"What do you mean?" Stan asks, a concerned look on his face.

"Areyouafuckingretardorsomething.."

"Huh?"

"Nothing. Look," i clear my throat, "you were a dick to him. Apologise for being a dick, or else his expectations of you will drop, and he wont love you anymore."

the boy scoffs, raising his hands in defence. "How was I being the dick? He's the one that lied to me about those fucking flowers!"

"Oh my god, you're so fucking clueless. Did you even ask Kyle where they came from?" i snap in response.

"He said he coughed them up."

"And what did you respond?"

Stan pauses, thinking back. "I said that sounded dumb."

fucking hopeless, i think to myself, dropping my face into my hands.

"What!? It does sound dumb!"

"Stan." i say quietly, still covering my face over with my hands.

he stays quiet, waiting for me to continue.

"Did you ask him, why he was coughing up flowers?"

another pause from the boy makes me look at him in annoyance.

"Alright, Stanley,-"

"-Woah?-"

"-I'm going to tell you something, and I want you to listen closely, okay?"

"Okay." Stan nods firmly, eyes set on me.

"If you stop listening at any moment, I will skin your dog."

"I'm listening."

"Good," i clear my throat, taking a deep breath. "Remember the bathroom incident?"

he smiles guiltily, letting out a nervous laugh. "Oh yeah. Sorry about that, by the way."

"It's fine. Remember the secret me and Kyle had?"

"Yeah! That illness." Stan says.

"Okay, but we weren't hiding the fact Kyle was ill. We were hiding what the illness itself was. Stan, can you tell me what Kyle was ill with?"

silence.

"Figured you didn't even ask him in the hospital," i sigh, rolling my eyes.

"Sorry."

"Whatever. Have you ever heard of, uh, hanahaki?" i ask, turning fully to face the boy next to me.

after a moment of thinking, Stan shakes his head in denial.