Chapter 23

"Girls, Hurry! We have to go!" mum yelled from the bottom of the stairs.

Emma and I were giggling, finishing up getting ready for dinner.

I was just touching up my lipstick, a deep burgundy colour. My hair was in a bouffant, pinned artfully onto my head. I had an amethyst peacock pin in my hair, pinning the curls to my head. For the rest of my makeup, it was simply a gold and black smoky eye, my foundation making my skin look flawless, and my cheeks had a slight rosy glow to them.

My dress was a little black number, hugging my curves and hanging to a few inches above my knees. The top part was a solid black strapless with a sweetheart cut, but connecting to that, was a sheer black material, forming a high neckline with sleeves. It was very classy look. On my feet, I wore a pair of simple black Christian Louboutin platform heels.

Emma went for a more simple look than mine; her hair was up in a high ponytail, she had some light pink gloss spread onto her lips. Her cheeks were rosy and eyes rimmed in black kohl and mascara. She had a peach strapless dress on, and bright blue heels (which in my opinion didn't look good, but maybe it was just because I was mad at her)

"James likes a more natural looking girl." she informed me as she applied a final dab of lipgloss.

'I know damn well what James likes." I snarled in my head.

The overwhelming anger that I was feeling at the moment was slightly ridiculous. And the jealousy.

"We best be going then; don't want to be late." I murmured, dropping my phone into my clutch, stepping past her to make my way down the stairs.

I had been a bit short tempered with Emma most of the afternoon, but I had every right to be! My BOYFRIEND was taking her out on a date. I wasn't exactly mad at Emma per say, I was furious with James though.

"Oh darling, how nice of you to join us. You look lovely." my mother cooed. "Tristan has already arrived, he's with your father in the sitting room. The two of you will drive separately and meet us at the restaurant."

I stopped in my tracks.

Tristan was here?! Oh great. This makes it look even more like a date. It would be perfectly acceptable if he just met us at the restaurant, and we were arriving and leaving separately, but if James knew I was driving in a different car than my family with him, he wouldn't be pleased at all.

I was ushered by my mother quickly away from Emma (which was actually a relief) and into the sitting room.

Tristan was seated on the couch, talking animatedly with my father. He looked completely at ease,which I found slightly comical.