Chapter 12: Flying Lessons

"Maybe if he had given this a squeeze, he'd have remembered to land on his fat arse!"

I was sitting between Pansy and Blaise at the Slytherin table for breakfast.

Pansy was staring a me with bewilderment as I drowned my pancakes with syrup. Blaise was going through today's timetable.

"Oh, wow. Look. We've got our first flying lesson today!" he said, then his face fell.

"What?" Pansy asks.

"With the Gryffindors."

"Oh!" I said, slapping my hand on my forehead, "I totally forgot! I promised Harry that I'll join him and Ron for breakfast today!" I started to stand up while grabbing my plate of pancakes. "You guys wanna join?"

"And be spotted by Malfoy, and the Riddles while hanging around Weasley?" says Blaise.

"No way," he and Pansy said in unision.

"Suit yourselves, then," I shrugged then walked towards the Gryflindor table.

"Hi, guys," I said and squeezed in between Harry and Ron. "Good morning, Hermione."

"Good morning, Bolt," smiles my bushy-haired friend from the seat opposite mine.

"Bolt?" I laughed. "I like the sound of that!"

"Eye of rabbit, harp string hum.
Turn this water into rum."

Seamus Finnigan jabbed his wand at a water-filled goblet, but nothing happens. He sighs, then lifts his wand to try again.

"What's Seamus trying to do with the glass of water?" Harry asked.

"Obviously, trying to turn it to rum," I said. Are we even allowed to have that?

"Actually managed a weak tea yesterday before—"

BOOM!

Ron was interrupted by an explosion from Seamus' goblet.

"Let me guess, Ron. 'Before it blew up'?" I said.

"Oh, how did you know?"

Some students laughed at Seamus' shocked, ashened face before owls flews into the Great Hall through the high windows, and dropped parceles and letters infront of their owners.

"Ah. Mail's here," said Ron as an owl dropped a letter and a copy of the Daily Prophet in front of him. He started opening the letter.

"Can I borrow this?" Harry asks his friend while holding up the newspaper. When Ron nodded, he muttered, "Thanks." and unfolded it.

"Hey, look," said a tall black bay called Dean Thomas. "Neville's got a Remembrall!" Neville was holding up a clear ball with white smoke inside.

"I've read about those,"says Hermione. "When the smoke turns red, it means you've forgotten something."

And as she said that, the smoke inside the ball quikly turned to crimson.

"The only problem is," says Neville. "I can't remember what I've forgotten."

"Neville!" I whispered. "Your robe!"

Neville's face turned as red as his ball. He got up and ran out of the hall to get his robes.

Ron, who was the only one who seemed to have heard what I said, chuckled.

"Hey, Y/n, Ron, somebody broke into Gringotts," said Harry, looking at the Daily Prophet "Listen: 'Believed to be the work of dark wizards or witches. Gringotts goblins who acknowledge the break insist nothing was taken The vaut in question number 713, had in fact been emptied eatier that very same day.'" Harry stopped reading then looked at me.