Midday

The sun tickles his nose while in the distance children can be heard squealing and laughing with joy as they chase each other across the field. A cloud seems to cover the sun and a light sigh escapes his lips at the pleasant yet sudden absence of warmth from the sun. Again his nose tickles, but this time it can't be the sun that tickles his nose because it is covered by clouds, so he opens his eyes and despite the absence of the sun something puts a smile on his lips.
His personal sun is only a few inches away from his face.

You are only a few inches away from him.

He reaches out with his hand to your sun-kissed cheek and feathery strokes your lip with his thumb.
The sun that lay behind you painted your face with a glow close to that of a saint, and to him you were a saint.

You had found him-no, you had more than that.

You had saved him.

A life full of cold, full of darkness, full of death and mortality.
A life that was not worth living.

You had brought warmth into his life, your love made even the most stubborn shadow disappear and shone on his life. A life that was one full of death and mortality was now full of life, full of immortality.

You had brought life into his wasteland, you had given him a life.

You had given him a reason to live.

He knew he had always been the moon, but the moon does not shine through itself, it is illuminated by the sun and through you he was now finally what he had always been.

He was now the moon who shined 'cause of his sun, loved his sun and looked with longing at the moments of reunion.