Chapter 21

AN: Thank you for commenting and voting! It always makes me smile to hear such kind words and see people are liking the story. Don't be afraid to tell me what you think!

"Ooooooohhhhh!" Logan and I exclaimed and clinked beer bottles together.

Bruce had just died on a video game against Peter. The game was so intense that we started to make jokes, bets, and become the narrators of what was going on. The boys enjoyed every minute of it, even if they had to concentrate. Peter and Bruce sat forward with their elbows rested on their knees for better concentration.

I took a sip of beer and watched their movements. Both of their faces lit up, darkened, scrunched up in confusion, and go blank again all in a matter of thirty seconds. It was a delightful thing to witness. I had never seen so many emotions in such a little amount of time. I glanced over at Logan, who was watching the screen intently. Thirty bucks were on the line, and if Bruce died one more time, he would lose out on money. I knew Peter was great at video games, but Logan didn't.

"No!" Bruce yelled out in frustration. He threw the controller and threw his head back on the couch in defeat. He closed his eyes and groaned. Now he had to do dishes for the next week to take over Peter's shift. "I thought I was going to win..."

"Woo!" Peter got up and started dancing his victory dance. He performed several good moves before messing up and hitting his shin on the coffee table. "Ah, God, ow!" He hopped around on one leg until he sunk into a chair.

Logan handed me thirty dollars reluctantly. His brown eyes flickered to Peter quickly and he took in the moment. "You know kid, ya remind me of someone."

"A hilarious and smart person? Lilly thinks that all the time," Peter replied sarcastically. He shot a look at me and wriggled his eyebrows. I simply rolled my eyes.

"No," Logan chuckled and continued, "a jackass."

I immediately knew who he was talking about. This person was the most considerate, sick humored, famished, horny, and the most insane person I ever had the pleasure of meeting. He was one the only other person I knew other than Logan and I that couldn't be killed easily... "Wade?" I inquired with a confused look. Logan nodded in return. I thought about it for a second. Peter did have some of those qualities, except he was hungry for knowledge. Well, then again, Peter looked for meaningful relationships while Wade, on the other hand, looked at the short term most of the time. "I do see some resemblance. I think they would make great friends."

"Hey! Don't compare me to somebody I don't know." Peter messed up his short brown hair and made it look like he had bead-head.

Banner played along, not even knowing who we were talking about, "I don't know. I think I'm starting to see it too."

"Deadpool is such a jackass, but he has a giant heart of gold." I sat quietly for a second before adding, "He used to bring me food when I was sick and put on movie marathons."

Peter jut his hands out in sudden realization. His left eye twitched out of sheer excitement and his glasses slid down his nose as he gave me a grave look. He, very calmly and collectively, asked, "Wait...the Deadpool? You know him?"

"Yeah," I stated nonchalantly. I didn't even think about it, until I remembered that Peter idolized Deadpool. He had him on a pedestal. The first time I saw him again, he was even wearing Deadpool pajamas. How could I forget such a memorable thing? Oh...crap. I contemplated.

"I...I can't believe you haven't told me that important information!"

I shrugged in defense, "I didn't think it was important."