Chapter 20

AN: Quick question...if Lilly were to have a superhero name...what would it be?

"Ready?" My voice shook with slight fear and anticipation. I rubbed my hands together out of habit. Willingly doing something I don't want to do really took guts. Or maybe I had been spending too much time around Stark and Peter and completely lost my mind. My black leather jacket flapped in the wind and messed up my navy blue shirt. I picked at the sides of my black jeans in a jittery motion. This is crazy... My thoughts had grown more and more quiet lately. I had been more reckless than usual, so maybe it was my common sense dying out. Like right now, as little reckless as it was.

Peter's laugh forced itself passed his mask. His blue, red, and black suit fit tightly on his body, which was funny to think that my cousin wore spandex. Gross for me. Great for all the ladies out there who wanted a piece of him. He stretched in his spot and limbered up. "I'm always ready to kick your ass at something new."

"You're delusional. If anything, this will be your first victory," I remarked.

He threw up his hands and started to walk backwards, "Prove me wrong, Lilly. Prove. Me. Wrong." He leapt off of the building.

If this was any other person, I would have been worried. This was Spiderman. If he didn't have his web devices, I'd be jumping after him. Today that was not the case. I hurriedly put in the earpiece and yelled, "Hey! You didn't say go!" I hopped from rooftop to rooftop in hopes I was slightly faster than he was.

"Did I really need to? I thought it was implied," he replied and grunted. He swung from the sides of the buildings and jumped off of others like a professional gymnast. Peter performed a three hundred and sixty degrees flip before sliding against a building as if he were sliding across a floor while performing a dance. He laughed to himself and really enjoyed it.

I scoffed, "Show off."

"I heard that!"

"What are you talking about?" I pretended to be completely oblivious. "You're hearing things." My lungs constricted and lessened my air intake. I moved my arms with my body to increase my speed as my feet pounded against the concrete roofs. If I were to run any longer, I would brake out into a sweat. Running was hard work. I hit the edge of a rooftop and immediately stopped myself. I flailed my arms to balance on my own two feet without falling forward. A small scream escaped my lips from sheer panic.

Peter laughed. "What, you don't got a way to fly or something? Aw, poor little Lilly. You're going to lose the race to the tower. Guess who gets to buy me a few expensive memorabilia from my favorite movie?"

"I haven't lost the bet yet, Peter. Just watch." My hazel eyes sparkled with a mischievous tint. Why was I cursed with such brilliant thoughts? Loopholes. Peter should watch out for loopholes in our agreements. He's about to get lawyered. I contemplated and looked to see how close he was to me. I shot out my hands in his direction and created a portal. He tried frantically to stop himself, but he flew through the portal and was transported to the roof we started the race on.

He rolled onto the roof and stopped himself before he fell off. Peter cursed mildly and yelled into the mic, "Lilly Parker, that is cheating!"

"You never laid down any rules!" I backed up a bit before creating the bluest ice in midair and jumped onto it. My feet slid on the ice and created the ideal way of transportation back to the tower. The wind whipped through my hair and at times put strands in my line of sight. I huffed to make it go away and almost got into the middle of a flock of birds on accident. I swung my arms around and composed myself when I realized the birds were gone.