Chapter 13

"Wait, so how do you say 'please'?" Peter questioned Clint. He sat on the couch next to Natasha as they learned some sign language. Their eyes were focused on Hawkeye and fully put their concentration on him.

Clint raised his hand to his chest, stuck his thumb out after putting his fingers together, and rubbed in a clockwise direction a few times. His light blue eyes watched Natasha as she duplicated his actions. Peter followed suit and messed up a bit before getting it right. Tasha smiled and glanced around to see who witnessed the event. She knew several languages, but learning something new so that she can get on a deeper relationship with Clint made her excited.

Natasha's green eyes landed on mine and called me over by patting the seat next to her. She turned to Clint. "Teach Lilly something."

Clint groaned and tilted his head back. His hands fell limp in his chair in a tired way. "Why?"

Wow, rude. I thought to myself. I was semi tempted to just flip him off, but Natasha would intervene pretty quickly. I knew she hated it when Clint and I fought, but I couldn't help it. He was rude to me, so what did she expect? I sighed and sat in between her and Peter, waiting for Clint to cooperate with me. If things around here were going to be released of the tension, I might as well take the first step to show everyone that I'm willing to cooperate.

"Come on, be nice to her," Natasha swatted him on the leg lightly and sent him a look with raised eyebrows.

"This..." Clint stated as he made a motion. "Is how you say 'friend'." His light eyes glimpsed at me and he forced his lips to twitch up into a smile.

I could see what he was trying to do...Call a truce. Signing 'friend' would be accepting his friendship and trying to move past the fighting. I lifted my hands into the air and interlocked my index fingers twice. "Like this?" I had to comprehend what he was teaching me, otherwise, it would never stick. Maybe this would come in handy in the battlefield. Well, once we learn more sign language, that is.

Before Barton could say anything, Bruce came into the room and dropped a bunch of movies onto the coffee table. All of it made a loud crashing sound against the glass and caught our attention. He stretched in his purple shirt and green pajama pants and sunk down into one of the chairs. He yawned before questioning our confused expressions. "What? Did nobody tell you it's movie night?"

"Clearly we were left out of the loop," I declared as I rested against the back of the couch. Seeing him yawn almost made me reciprocate it. "I've never seen you wear pajamas. Did you sleep most of the day?"

Banner scratched his curly hair and brushed it back with both of his hands after he was done. His brown eyes glanced over at me nervously and he adjusted in his seat. He didn't enjoy explaining things about himself to new people. I could tell from the expression on his face. "Yeah. I did." He paused for a minute, and then quickly added, "I had a long night, that's all."

Peter nudged my arm in response to his answer and shook his head slightly when I noticed. There was something about Banner that no one had told me. I knew he was super smart and somewhat shy when it came to new people, but what else was there to him? I remember reading his file back at Hydra. All it contained was information on his normal description and the Hulk's, his occupation, age, gender, and name. When it came to files, Hydra wasn't the best at finding information. They tended to focus on training agents and brainwashing people. I raised my hand a little bit to gesture that I didn't know what he was talking about and witnessed him shake his head once more.

Peter nodded towards Bruce, "I'll get the popcorn, man. Just pick a movie. It's your choice tonight." He got up and headed towards the kitchen.

Natasha remarked as she held her head up with one hand on the armrest, "Just please don't pick anything boring like Tony did last time."