Chapter 9

"God, make it stop!" I yelled and stomped into Tony's lab. A mental hammer shattered my skull little by little, giving me the worst headache ever. Of all the things he could do, he decides to do this... I contemplated. Peter followed me in and continued to sing the wretched, voice-cracked song. My ears ached and felt like they were going to bleed.

Tony overheard Peter's vocals, immediately dropped what he was doing, and pointed at him. "Shut it, Peter," he raised his voice sternly. "The only music allowed here is mine." Peter ignored his command and burst out into a new, more obnoxious song. Tony snapped his fingers as he glared at my cousin. A song by ACDC blasted out the speakers of the room. It drowned Peter out, but he still attempted to compete against it.

Peter gave up after a minute. He used his hand to signal to cut the music and mouthed, "I'm done."

When Tony shut the music off, I collapsed halfway onto the table in front of me. My brown hair fell around my face, and I tried to blow it away. "I don't know if that made my headache worse or not, but thank you."

"Always happy to fight against Peter," he remarked and threw a playful glance at Peter. Tony chuckled and continued working on his project.

Peter snorted, "Whatever. Why are you being so nice to my cousin?" He leaned against one of the counters and put his hand on his chin. His brown eyes focused on Tony suspiciously for a minute or so.

I got up and used my hands to prop myself up on the table, "You just can't handle the fact that some people actually like me." I smiled at him through my pain and watched his fingers curl up in frustration.

"You two fight like children," Steve commented from the corner of the room. He was looking at all of the lab tech that Tony had and had a little kid expression of how he wanted to touch everything.

Really? He went there? I pondered and shot back, "You fight with me all of the time." There was no way he could see himself as innocent out of this whole thing. He might be Captain America, but he sure does know when to pick a fight.

"She does have a point," Tony backed me up. He used a screw driver to fix some of the loose screws within the contraption he was working on.

When Steve stayed silent, I asked Tony, "What are you building?" I set my chin in my hands and glanced from him down to the flattened metal on the table.

"I'm working on a new suit." He straightened everything out and stretched. "I don't usually enjoy being bothered, so if you two could, you know, get out of here, that'd be great." Tony's brown eyes glanced up at mine and sent a knowing look. He would never get the great bothersome Peter out of here if I didn't leave, so I knew I had to take the hint.

"Fine, but I will bug you later," I replied and grabbed Peter by the arm. Steve shot a glare at me before we left the lab, which left a bad feeling in my gut. If he hates me now, what's he going to be like out on the battlefield? Will he have my back?

"Ow, hey, not so hard!" Peter exclaimed. He tugged his arm away from me and massaged the spot. "You gained kung fu grip all of a sudden. What were you thinking about?"

I shook my head and huffed, "Nothing, Peter." I brushed my hair back and furrowed my brow. "I have to go to my room. I'll watch the show with you in a minute." Peter nodded and left me to walk down the hallway by myself. Upon entering my room, I put my cell phone on the charger. Peter was using it to play music and show me 'hilarious' videos. Some were just seriously ridiculous and only a child like Peter would laugh. I shut my door and walked passed Natasha's room. I happened to glance in to see her reloading a pistol and placing it underneath her pillow. I knit my eyebrows together and backed up into her room from the hall. I lifted my finger and stated, "Remind me to not go into your room at night."