Chapter 8

I rushed into Tony's suite upstairs and panicked, "Why the urgent message?" He had sent a text message a few minutes ago in all caps saying I needed to get upstairs pronto.

"Aw, you rushed up here for me? That's sweet," he joked as he took a sip from his alcoholic drink. He motioned for me to sit next to him.

The dark marble flooring reflected the sunlight coming in from the giant windows that made up the whole front wall. The cream colored walls off balanced the dark flooring and it matched the big bar in the corner. Two sleek black couches were positioned in front of a television and next to a fireplace, the perfect place for him and Pepper to have Saturday night dates. The air smelled of a mixture of pine and alcohol, which tickled my nose. I sat down on the couch and eyed him. "You said it was urgent."

"I said you need to get here quickly, not that it was urgent," he pointed out.

He had a point. Tony always had a point.

I huffed as he stood up in front of me. His fingers tapped against his tablet before he blew up the screen out into the air, making whatever was on the screen project before our eyes. He minimized some tabs and zoomed in on profiles, key words, documents, and more. "Jarvis finished the hacking of the account you gave us." He pushed away some of the files on screen to make room for the important things. He crossed his arms and shifted his weight to one of his feet. "Jarvis, can you copy everything?"

I skimmed over a lot of the information as it as being downloaded. I saw key words, like "super soldier," "blood," "tests," "invincibility," and more. Why doesn't Hydra just give up on the super soldier idea? It's never going to work. I scrunched up my nose, "Do you really think they can do this?"

Tony knit his eyebrows together. His brown eyes glanced over the files and asked, "What? Invincible super soldiers?" He chuckled. "There's no way that the scientists there are that smart. I mean, they're just looking to make them invincible. Everyone has a weakness, even you, cupcake," he smiled at me.

"Don't call me that," I stated in a serious tone. If he wanted to give me a nickname, it could have been way better than cupcake. I ran my fingers through my hair. If Hydra were to finish this project, they could single handedly take out everyone on the planet in days. Now that was stress inducing. "Why do they need it?"

Banner spoke up from the corner of the room. He was reading the newspaper and drank the coffee next to him. "For making their soldiers invincible."

Tony rolled his eyes and shot him a glare. "Thank you, Captain Obvious. Which army, exactly?"

I scratched my head and got up to get a closer look at the files. I leaned over the table and used my hands to hold me up. "Red Skull only has Hydra. He mentioned that someone else wanted to take over the world, but didn't specify who..."

"Wait, hold on," Bruce put up his hands to stop me. He raised his eyebrows and scrunched his forehead. "I thought Red Skull was gone."

I nodded and declared, "He was. Now, he's back. I don't know how. I don't know when. All I know is that he assumed his position as director of Hydra." My stomach churned at the thought of it. He's going to kill all of us...He's going to pick the weakest ones off first, then make his way up to Rogers... I thought in despair. I winced and looked away from the screen.

"Wait, all you're concerned about is that Red Skull is back? Not that some other villain, which literally could be anyone out to get us, is going to try to destroy everything in their path?" Tony questioned Bruce. He fully turned his body to him and cocked his head. "That's very selective hearing, Bruce, especially from you."

"Coming from the man who has the most selective hearing of the whole human race," Banner shot back with a playful grin.

I rubbed my hands against my temples in frustration. I hadn't fully slept in days. I would take thirty minute naps, but other than that, my entire being depended on coffee and sugar to get me through the day. With everything happening and what could potentially happen in the future, I had to keep my eyes open. "What army?" I brought the conversation back up. I didn't want them to get too off track.