The Nun

"Oh my, I really wasn't expecting this." Rias said, observing Issei's arm closely.

It was the day after Issei's run in with Kalawarner, and he had visited the Occult Research Club after classes.

"What is it?" Issei asked, curious but also somewhat nervous.

Rias hummed quietly. "I see. Perhaps my gamble of using all eight pawns on you was worth it after all."

"Really? What's my sacred gear then? I didn't really have a chance to figure it out."

Smiling, Rias took a step back. "You, Issei, happen to be in possession of the boosted gear."

"I have no idea what that is."

"I'll explain to you a little more about sacred gears." Rias exclaimed. "Previously, I told you that sacred gears are gifts given to humans."

Issei nodded. "Right. I remember that."

"What I didn't tell you is that there are numerous amounts of different types of sacred gears. Not all of them are on the same level, however. And some are much more common than others. That is to say, there can be multiple of the same sacred gear currently in existence."

"Really? So then, is there someone out there with the same gear as me?" Issei asked. Rias shook her head. "Your sacred gear is one of the few exceptions."

"The boosted gear is one of thirteen sacred gears that belong to a class of their own. The longinus class."

Issei scratched his head. "I feel like I've heard that word before..."

Rias nodded along. "Yes, it is the name of the man who pierced the savior in the side with a lance. Although in this instance, it refers to his lance."

"Oh."

"The longinus are sacred gears that are unlike any other. They are completely unique. Only one of each may exist in the world at a time." Rias revealed. "Not only that, each one holds the capabilities to slay gods."

Issei's eyes bugged out of his head. "Wha-wha- me!? I can kill gods? With this thing!?" He shook his arm around. "Me?! Are you serious!?"

Rias laughed. "Obviously not in your current state. But yes. Each longinus holds the power to kill gods. The boosted gear that you hold doubles its user's power every 10 seconds. Therefore, it can be seen as growing stronger infinitely."

"Oh, wow..." Issei muttered, unable to find any other words.

He looked at his gauntlet covered arm thoughtfully.

Did I really... always have this power inside me? This whole time, and I never knew.

But what will I do with it now?

"I think," Rias started, bringing Issei out of his thoughts. "That in celebration of this news, I will give you your very first task as a devil."

Issei was surprised to hear this, but also excited. "Really? My first job? Am I finally taking my first step to being an ultra powerful devil harem king!?"

"You could view it that way, I suppose."

"Then what is it? Tell me!"

Rias smiled slightly.

...

"This is fucking bullshit!" Issei shouted as he biked around town, delivering flyers. Flyers.

"I signed up for big titty devil servants, not this shit!"

...

Two hours. That's how long he had to go around, dumping flyers in people's mailboxes.

"Damnit... I thought I was finally going to do some cool devil shit, but it's just being a delivery boy."