Siege (2)

"Then I'll just..."

Issei turned his head. He had tears flowing his face. His eyes were glowing a faint green.

"Destroy the supernatural world."

Raynare's foot collided with Issei's face, sending him flying across the church, barreling through several pews.

"Wow, you're even more delusional than I thought you were." She insulted Issei. "Destroy the supernatural world? Do you have any idea as to what the hell you're saying right now?"

Issei started to get up, and Raynare flung her spear at him, causing an explosion as it hit the ground nearby. Issei managed to jump away from the center, but he was still caught in the explosion.

He had his arms crossed to block it, and they were slightly singed. He cringed. 

"It seems you need a reminder on just where you stand in this world." He heard Raynare's voice come from above him. Issei looked up, just to be met with a fist to the face. 

Raynare grabbed onto Issei by the collar, and spun him around wildly before throwing him all the way to the other side of the church. 

"Destroy the supernatural world?" She couldn't help but repeat again. "You? The scumbag pervert who practically creamed his pants at the idea of a date with a girl?" She closed in on him. "The guy who needs his friends to save him constantly?" 

She scowled as Issei got up and rushed at her. She dodged out of the way of his punch, and knocked him into the ground. "You didn't even have the damn balls to come here on your own!" 

"This world is much wider than you could possibly fathom. What do you think you could possibly do?" Raynare sneered, looking down at him. "Weak, arrogant men like you are the kind I despise the most."

[Boost!]

Issei grabbed onto Raynare's arm from the ground, surprising the fallen angel with his sudden increase in strength.

"I'm weak." Issei agreed, as he pulled himself up from the ground. "But if the world is such a cruel place that people like Asia can only be taken advantage of and killed, then I'll do whatever it takes."

"You'll die before you get the chance." Raynare lifted her foot and kicked him in the chin, causing him to lose his grip on her. "Face it, you're completely hopeless."

With another kick, Issei was knocked away again. He managed to raise his arms in time to block, and stayed on his feet. But he could still feel the pain. 

"That's the boosted gear, isn't it?" Raynare asked him, referring to his gauntlet. "One of the greatest sacred gears out there. You know, if anyone were to destroy the supernatural world, it would be a red dragon emperor." She admitted. "But you? That thing is worthless in your hands. Your best contribution to the world would be to die and have someone else be born with that power."

[Boost!]

Raynare tried to kick him again, but Issei caught her foot with his hand. 

"Sorry, but the one born with this power was me." He said, before grabbing onto Raynare's leg with his other hand and lifting the fallen angel into air. He turned around, and swung her above his head. "So anyone who has a problem with it they can kiss my ass!" 

Issei slammed Raynare into the ground, kicking up some dust as the fallen crashed against the floor. 

Raynare hacked, stunned by the impact. As she recovered, she realized Issei was winding up another punch.

How the hell did he-

Raynare flapped her wings and separated herself from Issei. 

She felt something warm drip down her face. Touching her forehead, she was furious to see blood. "You..."