Something Supernatural (1)

Within the occult research club building, Rias Gremory was sitting at her desk, deep in thought.

"What are you looking at?" Akeno Himejima approached her, taking a peek at the file the redhead was holding. "That boy's student file?"

"I'm still not sure what to think." Rias admitted.

"During his application process, Sona was barely able to dig up any information on him." She revealed.

"So he's..." Akeno trailed off.

"He has a birth certificate, which is undoubtebly real. The fact that he used to live in Kuoh Town is true. But after the first 5 years, everything is blank."

"Isn't it a bit risky to let him run freely, then?" Akeno asked.

"That was Sona's argument for letting him come to school." Rias replied, still staring at Suk-chin's file. "It would be better to have him nearby where he can be observed."

The two girls fell into silence for a moment.

"Akeno, what did you feel when you ran into him?" Rias finally asked, breaking the silence.

Akeno thought about it for a moment.

"Well, I didn't feel anything necessarily malicious coming from him, if that's what you were wondering." She tilted her head. "Although, we did brush shoulders briefly. I got a small glimpse from that."

"And?"

"It was like...

Standing in a bottomless well."

...

Suk-chin and Kiba stared at each other in silence for a moment. Before Suk-chin went for another kick.

Kiba raised his arm up and blocked it.

This was annoying.

Another kick, and Kiba had to block again.

Attempting to counter attack, Kiba threw a quick jab, which landed. However, Suk-chin was utterly unfazed by the punch.

Really annoying.

Kiba wasn't a hand to hand fighter. He knew this. He was trained in some basics, but it was quite far from his area of expertise.

So his primary concern was how to escape this current scenario.

He could either convince Suk-chin to stand down- something he wasn't very sure would work, get away from the boy entirely, or use a sword.

But there was a problem. He didn't want to seriously harm or kill Suk-chin, since Rias was interested in him. His status as an actual enemy was still questionable.

Suk-chin threw his next kick, and Kiba moved to block it. But the attack switched directions, and instead of his side, it hit his head.

Kiba grit his teeth. That attack was a little stronger than the others. Which meant Suk-chin was still holding back as well.

Misunderstanding or not, he wouldn't let himself get rolled over like this.

If Suk-chin got maimed, it was his own fault for picking a fight.

After a sudden flash of light, Suk-chin found himself dodging a steel blade.

"Hah." Suk-chin smirked at Kiba, who now sported a real sword, summoned out of thin air.

"What a bastard." He said.

Kiba thrusted his sword forward, and Suk-chin sidestepped it. His foot landed squarely in Kiba's face, staggering the blonde.