Back To Normal

An entire month had gone by since the rating game with Riser. Since then, things had relatively gone back to normal.

Everyone had gone back to school, resuming their regular lives.

Everything was the same as it was before, except for one thing.

"I believe that will be all for today," Rias said. "If you have any pacts scheduled, then please go and do those before heading home. Otherwise, you're free to go."

As everyone started to stand up and head out, Issei decided he had something to say. "Sorry, I just have one question."

"Yes?" Rias peered at Issei. "What is it, Issei?"

"Why the hell is he here?" Issei asked, pointing at Suk-chin. "And why doesn't he have to do any work!?"

Suk-chin was sitting on the couch, nonchalantly resting his hands in his pockets. "What, you got a problem with me being here?" He asked.

"Suk-chin has joined us as a member of our club, but for the time being he has no obligations to do any devil work," Rias explained. "Although, I certainly wouldn't stop him if he wanted to." She eyed him.

"Yeah, no." He replied. Rias shrugged slightly.

"What? That's bull-"

"Issei, you have a pact to complete today." Rias interrupted him. Issei sighed. He didn't like making pacts very much. Mainly because he sucked at them, and never actually made the pact with whoever summoned him. He also had to ride to the location on a bicycle. The whole thing was just embarrassing.

"Fine." He pouted slightly, before trudging out of the room. He was the last one to leave, and with him gone Suk-chin and Rias were left alone in the clubroom.

It was silent for a few moments. Rias bit her lip hesitantly, before speaking up.

"So..." She started. "...How was your day?" She asked.

Suk-chin raised an eyebrow. "Um, fine I guess. Didn't get bothered by Issei's annoying ass friends today."

"Good. That's g-good, right?" She asked uncertainly.

Suk-chin looked at her strangely. "...Yes." He answered slowly.

They stared at each other for a few seconds of awkward silence.

"Um..." Rias took a deep breath. "I know it's been some time since the rating game, but..."

Rias peered over at Suk-chin, staring at his gloved hands in particular. "I just wanted to make sure you were still okay with everything that happened?"

Mainly, she was still unsure of his true feelings about being a devil.

Suk-chin didn't say anything for a moment. He slowly reached up to scratch the back of his head.

"...I have some stuff to do. So I'm going to head out now." He said, before getting up and leaving.

Rias stared at the door he left through.

"..."

Rias facepalmed herself. Staring at the door Suk-chin left in from between her fingers, Rias sighed.

"I'm so stupid..."

...

Issei grumbled as he made his way towards the address of his client.

It was really annoying, having to travel around town on a damn bicycle.

But for whatever reason, he was still unable to travel through magic circles despite having gotten stronger.