Gremory Vs Phenex (2)

"I don't mind playing with you for a little while."

Yubelluna scoffed angrily as she looked down at him. "You must be joking."

"Seriously you two." Suk-chin turned his head to Issei and Koneko. "Get on out of here."

"...Are you sure?" Koneko asked. Suk-chin nodded. "I'll join up in... well, eventually."

Issei hesitated a little. "Okay... I guess there's no point in doubting you now."

As the two left, Suk-chin turned back to Yubelluna, only to see a ball of magic power descending down upon him.

"Woah." He slid to the side, easily avoiding the blast. He stared at the small crater created by the attack. "You sure can summon those things quickly."

"There's more where that came from!" Yubelluna shouted from above. She raised her staff, and summonef a flurry of condensed spheres of magic power that soon fell from the sky.

Suk-chin observed calmly as the explosive balls dropped all around him. The entire ground was blasted apart and a thick haze sprouted.

But it didn't last nearly as long as it should have, quickly being blown away.

In the center of the destruction, Suk-chin stood on a small section of the ground that was perfectly preserved.

"That was fun." He said simply, looking around. "But, this won't stay very fun if I'm the only one on the ground."

And then, a pair of leathery bat like wings surged out of Suk-chin's back, and he quickly shot into the air.

"Thought I'd join you up here." He said to the queen.

Yubelluna glared at him coldly. "I remember you." She said. "From the meeting in the human world."

"That so? I don't remember you at all."

Yubelluna's glare only harshened as she clenched her fists tightly. "Yes, I remember you. You said you were not one of Lady Rias' servants. That you were a human."

"That's right." Suk-chin nodded. "At the time, I was. Alas, my poor freedom has been stripped away from me for a very short while. Whatever will I do?"

The Phenex queen continued to glare at him. "Then, if that's the case, you managed to learn flight in ten days time?"

Suk-chin raised a brow. "Well... yeah? It's not like it's a very complicated subject."

Yubelluna closed her eyes for a moment, seemingly in thought. When she finally opened them again, the anger was still there. However, on her lips was a smile.

"I see. Even so, this makes me happy." She said. "Yes, so very happy."

"And that would be because...?

"I told you that I remembered you from the human world." Yubelluna said. "I remember the way you so rudely interrupted the meeting, and the crude and disrespectful manner in which you treated Lord Riser."

"That part I do remember."

"It is something that I simply cannot accept." Yubelluna continued, beginning to raise her staff. "For as long as I am Lord Riser's queen, I will not allow anyone to sully his name!"

A large ball of light appeared above Yubelluna's head. It was big. Much bigger than anything else she'd conjured previously.

"My surprise attack before was a mistake. An amateurish miscalculation. It was never meant for the girl!" Yubelluna declared as she swung her staff down, and the orb of light followed its trajectory, rapidly heading down towards Suk-chin.